Lack of thread respone from mods

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am a paid supporter and am disappointed in the responses from mods on the forums. I have asked for help in a thread with very little response and no answers from the mods. And this is not the first time this has happened. I was going to become a "partner" @ a $250 level,but no longer want to give that kind of money because of the lack of help when I post something. Why do some posts get lots of response and some get next to done. I expect better than this, especially being a paid supporter!
Thank you
Hi @MrsBugmaster, I want to say that I am sorry for your disappointment. I've read through this thread and seen the responses by our community already, and I think you're already aware at this point that mods are volunteers on the site, so please don't think of the mods as a paid support team. Also, I think the point has already been made that although we would love to be able to comment in every thread, there are simply far too many threads for us to see every one of them.

One person already mentioned the use of the hashtag #mods to call the moderating staff's attention to a thread (sorry, guys... I know I just sent you all another alert. :D). Another good hashtag to use when wanting some extra eyes on a particular issue is #reefsquad (and now I've alerted all of them to this thread too :rolleyes:). Both of these hashtags are useful if you're not getting the questions answered that you had.

That said, I did look at your thread just now, and I agree with @reefwiser's statement. It's a pretty specific and unusual setup. That doesn't mean you shouldn't ask (please NEVER shy away from asking a question here), but it may limit the ability of people to answer that question online. It did look like you already had some really good responses in the thread. Those responses were actually far more helpful than I could've been. :oops: So, I do want to point out that when you had a question, our community truly did try and answer that question as much as each member who saw the thread was able.

At R2R, our goal is to be as helpful as possible for every member. We truly value each member in our community, and there's no question we won't do our best to answer...doesn't mean we always can, but we do definitely try. I've seen threads where people from the community go out of their way to try and explain or ask clarifying questions and work back and forth with the OP for weeks trying to figure out an issue. We truly have a GREAT community of people with a heart for helping one another. Nowhere have I found a group of people that are better at demonstrating the Golden Rule than here.

I'm sorry that you were disappointed by the responses you received, but I do want to say that our staff here really does work VERY hard and goes out of their way to help people if at all possible. I'm again very sorry that you feel we didn't give your thread the attention it deserved. It's always disappointing to me for any member to feel they weren't adequately helped, but in this case, I truly do not believe there was any mishandling or ignoring by the staff. In the future, if there's a question you want us to give attention to, please be sure to use one or both of the hashtags mentioned above.

You are a valued member of our community, and I hope you will continue to enjoy your membership here at R2R. As I said, if you have any other questions, please feel free to let us know. We will do our best to help.

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a paid supporter and am disappointed in the responses from mods on the forums. I have asked for help in a thread with very little response and no answers from the mods. And this is not the first time this has happened. I was going to become a "partner" @ a $250 level,but no longer want to give that kind of money because of the lack of help when I post something. Why do some posts get lots of response and some get next to done. I expect better than this, especially being a paid supporter!
Thank you
*Sigh*, I watch every forum on this website and still allowed this to happen :( I can't really answer a thread I don't know how to answer, as much as I want to. All I can really give is morale at that point, but I know there's a lot of people on this website who specifically patrol the unanswered threads section so usually I just avoid threads that I feel should be left to someone else. I'm sure many other people operate by this principle as well, some threads are best left to others. One thing that you do have wrong though and as many people have said in this thread is that it's not specifically the mods job to answer your thread. They have other duties, I don't know all of them because I'm not a mod myself, but answering unanswered threads is more the duty of the Reefsquad/Impression team.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have other duties, I don't know all of them because I'm not a mod myself, but answering unanswered threads is more the duty of the Reefsquad/Impression team.

I don't entirely agree with this, I don't feel it's anyone's "Duty" to respond to unanswered threads, while not a reef squad member myself I do follow the hashtag and I do comb through the unanswered threads to help where I can. But it's not my Duty to. The reef squad hashtag is followed by those who want to help other reefers when and where they can and that's what this forum is all about, helping others out and that's something anyone can do on the forum, mods, reef squad members, DIY wizards and regular members as well. We all help eachother out when we can and that's why R2R is so awesome. I've combed through the OPS thread and have yet to respond to it but I will on Top of the multitude of other sound advice already given. Just cause that's who I am, not because I follow a tag and feel obligated to or am part of the mod team or staff members...

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there’s an old saying “you’re either helping, or hindering”. i don’t reply to topics about ozone because i don’t know enough about it to be useful. i appreciate the same courtesy from others. doesn’t always happen though.

having the status of mod or reef squad doesn’t mean they’ll always have correct answers, but their support is appreciated either way.

i hope the op gets their issue sorted out regarding the plumbing issue at hand. but sometimes it’s better to wait for the best answer, rather than several wrong answers. ;)

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't entirely agree with this, I don't feel it's anyone's "Duty" to respond to unanswered threads, while not a reef squad member myself I do follow the hashtag and I do comb through the unanswered threads to help where I can. But it's not my Duty to. The reef squad hashtag is followed by those who want to help other reefers when and where they can and that's what this forum is all about, helping others out and that's something anyone can do on the forum, mods, reef squad members, DIY wizards and regular members as well. We all help eachother out when we can and that's why R2R is so awesome. I've combed through the OPS thread and have yet to respond to it but I will on Top of the multitude of other sound advice already given. Just cause that's who I am, not because I follow a tag and feel obligated to or am part of the mod team or staff members...
While it's true that it's not the reefsquad "duty" to answer unanswered threads, it falls under the general blanket of our job to make the forum a more welcoming place. Unanswered threads are an issue that is important to us

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back