Large Tank in stock

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for that offer. I will try to get a better picture but here is a picture of the current tank which is 80" long. The wall behind it is 10 feet long. The first picture is a planet aquarium 450 which is 96" X 36" X 30"

Sorry, I didn't realize your 220 tank was still there, what I was planning works better on a blank wall. If you'd like though. I can enlarge your current tank to meet the approximate size requirements, though it may not be the same since you'll probably be getting a new stand and hood... Or I could make a 3D representation of a tank with the proper dimensions, but it will be completely rendered and no longer your living room, just a representation of it created with the supplied dimensions.

howaboutme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't say 100% for sure but I think Reefescape in Fairfax has an 8' store display. It has a giant clam the size of a watermelon in the center. Give them a call to ask. It's certainly not 6 hrs drive but can be if you pick the right time....

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are talking about a road trip to Nashville and doing the town while were there. I'd love to do the Planet Aquarium tour but that is a bit of a stretch. I like their tanks and I have had several good reviews of the Glass Cages tanks. I'm sure if we don't find a local LFS with one that size as a display or for sale we will go to Glass cages and take the tour and order the tank
url.jpg

Order from Glasscages and strap it to the roof, CLARK

OP
OP
pelicansreef

pelicansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I didn't realize your 220 tank was still there, what I was planning works better on a blank wall. If you'd like though. I can enlarge your current tank to meet the approximate size requirements, though it may not be the same since you'll probably be getting a new stand and hood... Or I could make a 3D representation of a tank with the proper dimensions, but it will be completely rendered and no longer your living room, just a representation of it created with the supplied dimensions.
Thanks, I do appreciate the effort however, The real issue is my wife being able to visually look at an 8' tank so she can get a feel for how she feels about it in "HER" great room. Our house is "Her" passion. She is kind enough to let me have the tank as long as it fits her idea of what her house has to look like. (LOL) Actually she is just as happy about the hobby as I am but things in her kingdom must be approved or there will not be peace in the hood.....LOL

Thanks for trying but I really hate for you to do a lot of work on this and she looks at it and says "yea but I want to see it in person"

OP
OP
pelicansreef

pelicansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't say 100% for sure but I think Reefescape in Fairfax has an 8' store display. It has a giant clam the size of a watermelon in the center. Give them a call to ask. It's certainly not 6 hrs drive but can be if you pick the right time....

Thanks we will give them a call. we just did the DC drive by a couple of weeks ago. it was not fun. I used to have a friend just outside dc and he hates it but it pays well.

Zwinters57

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I are in the process of upgrading our 220 reef. We have kind of settled on a 380 to 450 range tank. 96" X 36" X30" I am a retired engineer and can visualize the tank and how it will fit the space. My wife is not as good at seeing things in abstract. She would like to see the actual tank so she can get a feel for the space it will take and how much additional space the new tank would have. She really isn't against buying the bugger tank but would like to see one in person.

Anyone know of any local fish stores on the east coast that have a 450 gallon display tank or even better a 450 gallon tank in stock for sale. We live in the Virginia Beach/Chesapeake Va. area. but were ok with any thing within 6 hours drive. We travel all the time so driving to Pa. Or S.C. is fine with us.

Thanks for any ideas
I realize this is not your question but have you considered a custom tank? You could get anything you want. Coast to Coast in Toms river New Jersey made me a 160 gallon euro braced. Its absolutely beautiful and totally worth the $. I drove there from Philly on a friday and saw a bunch of tanks he was making and how he did it. He gave me a bunch of great ideas. Then I made my decision. 3 weeks later I drove back and picked it up in my truck. Your approximate size would fit a flatbed rental. I just thought the whole experience was awesome and will be doing it again when I move in the next couple years and get a tank about the size of what you want.

OP
OP
pelicansreef

pelicansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of our LF stores uses coast to coast and said they are great tanks. I have spoken to him about having a tank made but the price was prohibitive. I don't mind paying for good quality but I also want to make sure I am spending wisely. we went and looked at a 10' long 400 today but it was an odd size (120 X 24 X 30) it was not what we are looking for in a "Last tank"

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be difficult to find a store with a display that size let alone one for sale (I know none of the shops in my area have anything that large). Best bet would probably be to ask around your local reef club to see if anyone has something that size at home.

Last edited:
Back