Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all

Here is some of the old stuff again - but first a new addition - bought as Ricordea yuma - but probably not a ricordea

mushroom1.jpg

mushroom2.jpg

These you have seen before but nowadays with a little bit more colours

clam.jpg

corals.jpg

corals2.jpg

corals-3.jpg

itsmine.jpg

corals4.jpg

polyps1.jpg

polyps2.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This coral have make a change how it looks like. this is a month ago
1591799024884.png

And this is how it looks like today

1591799083600.png

It has another pattern and a little more dark in coloration. Not a clue why - Have not done any changes during this time. Yes I start to dose rubidium - but the change comes first 1.5 week ago - 2.5 weeks after the start of rubidium dosing.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update without photos this time :D

Everything is going rather stable - corals are doing fine. The only bad things have been two of my thread-fins cardinals have developed "glossy" eyes. The first was total white in the eye but it looks like he/she recover for the moment - the other may just develop an infection. This often happens because of mechanical damage on the eyes - but if it the case now - I do not know.

I have also decided to feed my corals with cyclops during night - my sun corals do not develop in the way I want - will see if this can be better. Will dose around 3 cubes a night. In this thread - I have described the construction.

I have also start to dose 5 µg rubidium every day.

Sincerely Lasse

tweeter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Lasse, your corals are looking so pretty! The colors are amazing! What does the rubidium do?

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is looking amazing by the way ;)

Thank you
Looks awesome @Lasse!!

Thank you
Hi Lasse, your corals are looking so pretty! The colors are amazing! What does the rubidium do?

Thank you - what rubidium do - I´m not really know but there have been some reports of good effects as coloration and propagation of mushrooms. I have also seen a altering feed responses among some of my LPS. But everything is unclear. Many positive reports have been reported together with other changes like daily dosing of trace elements and in my case - I have done that for more than 2 years and the only change I dis was to rise the concentration to around 100 µg/L (0.1 ppm) I think I see positive effects but the force of Placebo is strong among us reefers :p. You can read more here

Reef looks great, nice work!

Thank you

Sincerely Lasse

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Lasse great looking tank! I just purchased an Olympus TG-6 and it will be here tomorrow. I can't wait! Do you shoot with any particular preset and are your pictures post processed or straight from the camera?

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Lasse great looking tank! I just purchased an Olympus TG-6 and it will be here tomorrow. I can't wait! Do you shoot with any particular preset and are your pictures post processed or straight from the camera?

Thank you

I run them normally through Photoshop but it is for other reasons than to manipulate them. I use Photoshop´s feature to show actual pixels in order to check focus. I use the highest resolution because I normally only use a part of the picture - with help of the crop function. If I process - I use mostly auto levels and automatic colour. The TG-6 is able to save as RAW files - it makes it possible to manipulate whatever you want. The videos is what I get. Before - I use Windows movie maker - a very basic tool - but nowadays it not with Windows.

The TG-6 have some underwater presets - some of the is normally good but - the camera has another great feature. In the white balance menu - you can use up to four - in some way automatic preset and personal WB. When you should configure one of them - you just aim your camera into a white part of the aquarium (could be sand (if its white) - a white plastic disk or something else that is white. Aim - press info and press the trigger. You get a picture and a question if you want to save it. This is very handsome when you run blue tanks or much LED in the fixtures (they always come out blue in the picture - not at all like the colours you see with your eyes)

Good luck with your camera - i´m sure that you will not regret the purchase

Sincerely Lasse

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you

I run them normally through Photoshop but it is for other reasons than to manipulate them. I use Photoshop´s feature to show actual pixels in order to check focus. I use the highest resolution because I normally only use a part of the picture - with help of the crop function. If I process - I use mostly auto levels and automatic colour. The TG-6 is able to save as RAW files - it makes it possible to manipulate whatever you want. The videos is what I get. Before - I use Windows movie maker - a very basic tool - but nowadays it not with Windows.

The TG-6 have some underwater presets - some of the is normally good but - the camera has another great feature. In the white balance menu - you can use up to four - in some way automatic preset and personal WB. When you should configure one of them - you just aim your camera into a white part of the aquarium (could be sand (if its white) - a white plastic disk or something else that is white. Aim - press info and press the trigger. You get a picture and a question if you want to save it. This is very handsome when you run blue tanks or much LED in the fixtures (they always come out blue in the picture - not at all like the colours you see with your eyes)

Sincerely Lasse

Thank you. That is a good tip. Do you mostly shoot under water or outside of the tank?

U

User1

View Badges
Thank you

Sincerely Lasse

I do not have one of these but looked at them off and on to replace my go-pro. I do own a couple older Olympus camera's. I'm probably biased but I love them :).

Also great updates!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back