Lasses Dream Build

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Lasse. I have been thinking of getting the Paraluteres prionurus on your list. May I ask your experience with it so far in terms of aggression and reef safeness? been reading some might nip at fins and also that my hermits might become snacks, but I am not entirely sure if people are referring to the V. puffer instead of the filefish. Thanks!

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Lasse. I have been thinking of getting the Paraluteres prionurus on your list. May I ask your experience with it so far in terms of aggression and reef safeness? been reading some might nip at fins and also that my hermits might become snacks, but I am not entirely sure if people are referring to the V. puffer instead of the filefish. Thanks!
I bought first 2 and one of the was just gone a day after I have introduce them in my DT. First they has been in my refugium for 2 weeks- The one left just adapt well. After a month I bought another one - probably a male - male do have some filament at the tail. The whole picture - here

1638375675835.png

After 2 weeks in the refugium - time for the DT. this is the first time in this aquariums history where I got a fight when I introduce this fish. The first introduced (a female) was rather angry for a week - but now it works well.

Fine - biting - I have not seen them hunting other fish but some of my thread fine cardinals have damaged fins. However - I had it before too - I do not think it is my Paraluteres prionurus

Sincerely Lasse

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought first 2 and one of the was just gone a day after I have introduce them in my DT. First they has been in my refugium for 2 weeks- The one left just adapt well. After a month I bought another one - probably a male - male do have some filament at the tail. The whole picture - here

1638375675835.png

After 2 weeks in the refugium - time for the DT. this is the first time in this aquariums history where I got a fight when I introduce this fish. The first introduced (a female) was rather angry for a week - but now it works well.

Fine - biting - I have not seen them hunting other fish but some of my thread fine cardinals have damaged fins. However - I had it before too - I do not think it is my Paraluteres prionurus

Sincerely Lasse
Thanks Lasse!

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New videos

And some pictures

blenny.jpg

The eyes of my threadfins are rather sensitive for mechanical damage - normally it will heal by itself but sometimes the fish get a more permanent damage - like this fish

eye.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Happy new year

220101-FTS-1.jpg

Sincerely Lasse
Happy New Year, @Lasse! Thanks for sharing your beautiful reef with us and for helping out so many people in our community with your knowledge. You are a wonderful person and we're blessed to have you in the reefing community.

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful tank as always! Lass, how do you keep sharpnose puffers in a reef tank with shrimp and coral? Truly an amazing feat!

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you keep sharpnose puffers
I do not - I keep this - a filefish that use mimicry. I like to delude people - exactly as some fishes do:D

Notice the two dorsal fins - a puffer have only one small dorsal

1641995238749.png

Sincerely Lasse

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back