Lasses Dream Build

Hi Lasse. I have been thinking of getting the Paraluteres prionurus on your list. May I ask your experience with it so far in terms of aggression and reef safeness? been reading some might nip at fins and also that my hermits might become snacks, but I am not entirely sure if people are referring to the V. puffer instead of the filefish. Thanks!
 
Hi Lasse. I have been thinking of getting the Paraluteres prionurus on your list. May I ask your experience with it so far in terms of aggression and reef safeness? been reading some might nip at fins and also that my hermits might become snacks, but I am not entirely sure if people are referring to the V. puffer instead of the filefish. Thanks!
I bought first 2 and one of the was just gone a day after I have introduce them in my DT. First they has been in my refugium for 2 weeks- The one left just adapt well. After a month I bought another one - probably a male - male do have some filament at the tail. The whole picture - here

1638375675835.png

​
After 2 weeks in the refugium - time for the DT. this is the first time in this aquariums history where I got a fight when I introduce this fish. The first introduced (a female) was rather angry for a week - but now it works well.

Fine - biting - I have not seen them hunting other fish but some of my thread fine cardinals have damaged fins. However - I had it before too - I do not think it is my Paraluteres prionurus

Sincerely Lasse
 
I bought first 2 and one of the was just gone a day after I have introduce them in my DT. First they has been in my refugium for 2 weeks- The one left just adapt well. After a month I bought another one - probably a male - male do have some filament at the tail. The whole picture - here

1638375675835.png

​
After 2 weeks in the refugium - time for the DT. this is the first time in this aquariums history where I got a fight when I introduce this fish. The first introduced (a female) was rather angry for a week - but now it works well.

Fine - biting - I have not seen them hunting other fish but some of my thread fine cardinals have damaged fins. However - I had it before too - I do not think it is my Paraluteres prionurus

Sincerely Lasse
Thanks Lasse!
 
New videos




And some pictures

blenny.jpg

​
The eyes of my threadfins are rather sensitive for mechanical damage - normally it will heal by itself but sometimes the fish get a more permanent damage - like this fish

eye.jpg

​
Sincerely Lasse
​
 
Happy new year

220101-FTS-1.jpg


Sincerely Lasse
Happy New Year, @Lasse! Thanks for sharing your beautiful reef with us and for helping out so many people in our community with your knowledge. You are a wonderful person and we're blessed to have you in the reefing community.
 
Beautiful tank as always! Lass, how do you keep sharpnose puffers in a reef tank with shrimp and coral? Truly an amazing feat!
 
how do you keep sharpnose puffers
I do not - I keep this - a filefish that use mimicry. I like to delude people - exactly as some fishes do:D




Notice the two dorsal fins - a puffer have only one small dorsal

1641995238749.png


Sincerely Lasse
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new