Lasses Dream Build

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It get hot in there - you need an input of room air for cooling. I have one 140 mm computer fan blowing into the cabinet.

No I have not looked at UPS- I live in an area with rather stable electric grid. Last 2 years - one power breakdown for 1 hour.

Sincerely Lasse
Do you think it would get less hot if you had all the separate power bricks? I am trying to understand if this is a superior approach or not.

I am 100% sure it saves space, but I am debating the heat/risk of having it

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think it would get less hot if you had all the separate power bricks? I am trying to understand if this is a superior approach or not.
No - I would think it will be less surplus heat with my system but it have with the efficiency of the PSU to do,

Sincerely Lasse

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am 100% sure it saves space, but I am debating the heat/risk of having it
For sure less heat and energy consumption

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone at youtube ask me for my spectra during peak time (12:00 - 18:00). Here it is. The watt figure is not the right - it is around 240 W in reality

1636284389454.png

Sincerely Lasse

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No - I would think it will be less surplus heat with my system but it have with the efficiency of the PSU to do,

Sincerely Lasse
Would you still do that DIN mount panel it if it was on the dry side of a cabinet under the tank? Or would you think it would be too risky with having a tank above?

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it does not matter what type of PSU you use - DIN or the open ones - the DIN that I use is not waterproof either. If you get a leak from the aquarium - you are in trouble anyhow,

Sincerely Lasse

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Lasse: I remember you had a thread about this issue, but forgot to make the question there. Did you figure out the NO2/NO3 correction factor for the Hanna checkers?

I'm sorry if the answer is somewhere.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not - but for the low checker it seems that the conversion factor is very low but i do not know. So low that it should have no significance at all - very low interference from nitrite. - but I´m not sure at all. For the high - no idea. i will do some more test further on

sincerely Lasse

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not - but for the low checker it seems that the conversion factor is very low but i do not know. So low that it should have no significance at all - very low interference from nitrite. - but I´m not sure at all. For the high - no idea. i will do some more test further on

sincerely Lasse
Hi Lasse: thank you for the response. Actually, I was worried about the high range nitrate checker. I'll try to do some tests too.

Currently my tank shows around 0,05 pp NO2 and 4-7 ppm nitrate. If the correction factor is around 100 (as it is the case for the Tropic Marin test), then most of the nitrate reading should be attributed to nitrite.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated fish list

13 Zoramia leptacantha
7 Sphaeramia nematoptera
1 Chelmon rostratus
3 Halichoeres chrysus
1 Macropharyngodon bipartitus
1 Wetmorella nigropinnata or a spp very close to this fish
4 Priolepis spp - can be Priolepis semidoliata or Priolepis cincta
1 Gobiodon Okinawae
4 Gobiodon acicularis
2 Callogobius hasselti
1 Amblyeleotris steinitzi
2 Asterropteryx semipunctata
2 Assessor macneilli
2 Emblemaria pandionis
1 Serranocirrhitus latus
2 Doryrhamphus excisus
2 Synchiropus stellatus
2 Diancistrus fuscus I have put in these 1 month ago - yet not seen them in the DT. Very interesting live bearing species
2 Paraluteres prionurus
1 Valenciennea muralis - probably - but fore sure from the genus Valenciennea. This fish is in my refugium. I got a lot of detritus in the rather swallow refugium. After I have place this fish - not the same problem. Not in the sand and not in my chaeto.

54 fish!!!!

Sincerely Lasse

Back