Lasses Dream Build

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lasse, compliments from your friendly neighborhood R2R B'DAY "stalker"...:)
Happy Birthday GIF by Justin

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you,
i did follow 20 & 21... ;)
will be looking forward to it this year...:)
In a couple of days!

Start the 20th of april 15:00 WT and 18:00 ET (21th at 00:00 TM +1 (+2 with summer time)

Edit - the set up - sorry in Swedish but it shows how everything sets up. Press "spela"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lasse, compliments from your friendly neighborhood R2R B'DAY "stalker"...:)
Happy Birthday GIF by Justin

Happy birthday Lasse! my cardinalfish also say happy birthday

Amazing tank!!!

Thank you all

Sorry - it has been no update for a long time - but it is as normal. Have lost some fish/shrimps and got some new. I will soon take a new video of the tank.

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

Baldguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lasse, how is the Emblemaria pandionis pair doing. I'm considering getting a pair. Do they hide most of the time? I'm wondering in a 120g tank if I could get two or three males to see the flashing behavior. Don't want a battle just some showing off between males.

Great tank! You really are a credit to the hobby.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not know if it is a pair or not. They do not fight, they can be close to each other - but mostly in different part of the aquarium. Sometimes they hide sometimes not. It is a species I see every day, I have some species I see once a week - so it is not a shy species IMO

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to much updates recently but the reef is going well. I have lost some fishes, mainly threadfin cardinals. It is only 5 left. I will probably not replace them - instead I probably will invest in a small school (10 +) of some Chrysiptera damsels. Probably Chrysiptera hemicyanea or Chrysiptera parasema. My introduction of two new pistolshrimps seems also work well - I do not see them very often but I see their works. I suspect that my original still lives - because the new ones seems to occupait new places - not the old catacombs :D Of the new shrimp gobies - I see one every day and the other sometimes. I have also done the yearly update of my hermit crew - this time wirth a small hermit from the Calcinus genus. The ones that have survive best in my reef are somme different species with red legs. I have never succeded with calcinus elegans

After some problems - it seem that I have found a partner to my old Gobiodon okinawae Today they share the same small forrest of Acropora

1654154463975.png

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My old Gobiodon okinawae have a deep yellow colour - probably because that I feed with food rich in astaxanthin. I have used fresh water cyclops in this aquarium since day 1 - together with frozen adult artemia. My yellow and red fishes have a very deep colour - the yellow fishes are close to orange. The new G. okinawae display a much paler yellow colour when it arrive but nowadays it is more like the old one. Together with my food and the RGB LEDs of my Mitras LED bars my fishes show a very good colour - also the greens comes out good - especially yellow and red colours. I would recommend all people running heavy blue light to complement the lighting with some simple RGB strips. You will be surprised by the result - even when it comes to the colours of your corals.

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed similar foods along with frozen lobster eggs and copepods. I also buy fish roe (eggs) from the fish market. They also get frozen mini blood worm. I am.now cultivating live copepods outside now its warmer. These are very easy to do.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The distance between my head (thoughts) and body (action) is normally very short - but this time I had probably exceeded myself :)Since an hour ago swims 4 pcs of Chrysiptera parasema and 6 pcs of Chrysiptera springeri in my refugium :)

Sincerely Lasse

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.6%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.7%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 33 17.2%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back