OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 8 days in my refugium - its was time for my new filefish to enter the DT. However - no filefish in the refugium - but in the overflow chamber - there he/she was, its a Acreichthys tomentosus - and yes - my copperband has abandoned some of my aiptasia - he/she get other eating preferences.....

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some Photos

gul1.jpg

gul2.jpg

gul4.jpg

black.jpg

blenny-17.jpg

korall6.jpg

korall5.jpg

korall3-.jpg

Korall.jpg

Koral2.jpg

clam.jpg

blue.jpg

korall4-.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how old is that Hammer in the middle?
More than 6 years in my aquarium and since oct 2016 on that place

1661411437215.png

1661411542374.png

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has become a clam dominated tank
For the moment but it could not be that for ever - they are getting to large. I have already moved one - around 15 months ago.

The new 400 000 L reef aquarium at the maritime museum in Gothenburg will be opening in december this year. The old Clam is in their quarantine for the moment - at least one more will be moved this year or in the beginning of next.

Sincerely Lasse

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the moment but it could not be that for ever - they are getting to large. I have already moved one - around 15 months ago.

The new 400 000 L reef aquarium at the maritime museum in Gothenburg will be opening in december this year. The old Clam is in their quarantine for the moment - at least one more will be moved this year or in the beginning of next.

Sincerely Lasse

Your tank always looks amazing Lasse.

Thanks for sharing the updates.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its some more updates to come. I thought that my scooter blenny male have gone to the afterlife - but the trip was more short than that - he had just move himself into the refugium - now he is back in the DT leaving the refugium just to be a refugium for pods again. My large yellow wrasse took a longer journey - it find its way all the way to the overflow chamber. This should be total impossible - it must have jump when I had the cover open when I try to find a shrimp goby in my refugium (and catch the Scooter blenny male). The wrasse is back in the DT (however - I have not seen him jet) but the shrimp goby is still in the refugium.

Lasse - shrimp goby -> 0-1 as my wife state

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You learn as long as you live!

For two years my copperband has controlled my aiptasia in the display tank but since 3-4 months ago they start to grow in a spot there they should not. I thought that my copperband get lazy - therefore I got a aiptasia eating filefish. A very small one and it seems not eating the aiptasia in this certain spot - the brown area you can see here - below the acropora forrest there my okinawae goby live.

1662842084705.png

The other day - I saw that some aiptasia was not there any longer - only around the half of the colony was left. OK I thought - my filefish have start to pay of. With my other brain half - I was a little surprised because my pair of okinawae had move some centimeters to the left. I decided to try to clean up in the gray area and of cause some montipora just fell of and open up a little for the aiptasia that still was there. 10 minutes later - I discover that my copperband was sneaking around the aiptasia - doing fast attacks on them - one or two till my okinawae male discover the copperbands attacks - this small goby attack and chase away my copperband. My copperband still sneak around and did fast guerilla attacks on the aiptasia and now is all gone in that certain spot. The truth is probably that earlier - when my goby lived just above the aiptasia - the copperband did not dare to attack them but now when the goby moved away a little - it can sneak around and get some tasty aiptasia!!

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More surprises

Around 6 months ago I add two very interesting fishes to my display - Diancistrus fuscus - picture from Fish Base

1663092078429.png

I have try to see them - but nada. Today I spot one of them - but it was dead - maybe the reason why I could spot it. I do not know if the other is still around - but it could

Sincerely Lasse

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back