OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep an eye on the "baby" piece, from past experience they are little stinging bombs on sps and other lps.

Thank you. Do you have no idea if it is a type of propagation or something else? This has gone away - but there is others with "dubble" arms on their way

Sincerely Lasse

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep an eye on the "baby" piece, from past experience they are little stinging bombs on sps and other lps.

I have a large frogspawn in my frag tank that is intent on growing until it fills the entire tank. I recently noticed a small green fluorescent bit on the side of an orange lepto. I was a bit excited that my lepto was changing into even more colours! That same day, I was using a turkey baster to blow off some detritus from the tank and I accidently blew away the green bit on the lepto. It dawned on me it was a bit of frogspawn tentacle that had twisted itself off and landed on the lepto. Oh well, probably for the better I thought. Then a couple of days ago I noticed a small green glowing dot on the side of the lepto were the frogspawn had been. Oh Oh.

So yes, keep an eye out for bits of euphyllia tentacles. They tend to colonize.

Dennis

Last edited:

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lasse, do I have a table for only you, $4000 table.

Screenshot_2018-10-08-10-41-21-1.png

And no, that's not me. I'm better looking.;)

Last edited:

Gregg @ ADP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lasse

Wow. What an incredible thread. I think I’m probably going to go back and re-read the first 10 pages or so a few times. Lots of outstanding application of concepts.

We are in the process of moving to a new state, and I am not currently in the classroom. But rest assured...once I am back in, I am going to be borrowing from your ideas and applications like crazy. There are almost countless activities that can be generated from your system.

Thank you for your curiosity and your efforts!

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lasse

Wow. What an incredible thread. I think I’m probably going to go back and re-read the first 10 pages or so a few times. Lots of outstanding application of concepts.

We are in the process of moving to a new state, and I am not currently in the classroom. But rest assured...once I am back in, I am going to be borrowing from your ideas and applications like crazy. There are almost countless activities that can be generated from your system.

Thank you for your curiosity and your efforts!

Thank you

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was time to introduce some new inhabitants today. For two week a pipe fish and a scooter blenny has been in my refugium. Today they was introduced to my DT. Last time I try to introduce a couple of mandarins - thing did not work out well. They was eating very good - I took a chance and place them directly into the DT. However - and I know it - they get bullied by a yellow wrasse and stop to eat and I lose them a couple of weeks ago. From know I will always do as I tell others to do - and no shortcuts only for me.

The result of the new introduction - not know yet - but no bulling at least - but the newcomers hide for the moment.

However - I got some surprises. Several months ago I got some small gobies that I placed in my refugium - it was four Priolepis semidoliata and one Callogobius amikami. And they was small, very small. When I should place them in the DT in early June - I only found two Priolepis semidoliata and not the other. Today - there was two fat Priolepis semidoliata and one Callogobius amikami in the refugium. The Callogibius had grown to 4 - 5 cm. But I decided not to place it in my DT for the moment - it has to be in the refugium fore some months more. It was imported as Callogobius cf amikami but it is not sure that it is the right name. A very fun species - in behavior rather like another dream goby - Discordipinna griessingeri

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have Discordipinna griessingeri for the moment but will show up in one or another list - I test it again. I hope that I can introduce the Callogobius cf amikami to the DT in the future. It swim in the same mode as Discordipinna .

Sincerely Lasse

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some more videos

Sincerely Lasse

Why not try breeding cardinals? Catch the fry and bring to work! :)
Haven't done my research on breeding those, I think they are more difficult that Banggai's.
Me and JU had some nice discussions at work today on different animals to try to breed as soon as the temporary Aquarium is in place. Pyjama cardinals might be worth a try! And sea urchins. And corals. And pipefish. And.. :D

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not try breeding cardinals? Catch the fry and bring to work! :)
Haven't done my research on breeding those, I think they are more difficult that Banggai's.
Me and JU had some nice discussions at work today on different animals to try to breed as soon as the temporary Aquarium is in place. Pyjama cardinals might be worth a try! And sea urchins. And corals. And pipefish. And.. :D
O yea, let Lasse do all the work, catching fry, having to transport to museum. I think Lasse should continue video recording , he's in the golden age of filming aquariums, hes breaking ground in totally new field. He could be the next Martin Scorsese, he might win the equivalent of an Oscar, again. Just saying.:D

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O yea, let Lasse do all the work, catching fry, having to transport to museum. I think Lasse should continue video recording , he's in the golden age of filming aquariums, hes breaking ground in totally new field. He could be the next Martin Scorsese, he might win the equivalent of an Oscar, again. Just saying.:D
Yeah, but when the fry gets to the museum there's staff on site everyday who can take care of feeding and WC etc ;)

I agree on the filming bit!

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, but when the fry gets to the museum there's staff on site everyday who can take care of feeding and WC etc ;)

I agree on the filming bit!
Giving you hard time Sallstrom. "Yanking your chain", like we say here. Lasse is like a stubborn horse (you notice I didn't say OLD) He does what he pleases

Last edited:
Back