coral4.jpg

coral5.jpg

coral6.jpg

coral7.jpg

coral8.jpg

coral9.jpg

FTS.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

I need a real camera. Nice Lasse. Since watching videos/pictures no ulcers. AMAZING!!!!!:)

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I detect a rising Aiptasia problem in my aquaria. I add 6 cm of this (around 2 grams) after 2 weeks adaption in my refugium.

fil-jpg.957518

5 days later - 60 % of the aiptasia is gone

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The chart below show my CO2 content in my appartment at noon every day for 2018

upload_2019-1-27_10-2-47.png

First week of January - 2018 every 3 hours

upload_2019-1-27_10-28-37.png

First week of July - 2018 every 3 hours

upload_2019-1-27_10-10-40.png

CO2 levels 9/1 - 25/1 2019

upload_2019-1-27_10-54-36.png

PH - the same time - air to the skimmer from the room

upload_2019-1-27_10-58-46.png

CO2 level between 25/1 - 27/1 2019

upload_2019-1-27_11-4-13.png

Ph level in the aquaria - air to skimmer from the outside (around 410 ppm CO2) I change that in the afternoon 25/1. Now I take skimmer air from the outside

upload_2019-1-27_11-8-35.png

Important to say is that I use Triton method and dose the alk part between 22:00 to 10:00. From today - it is between 22:00 - 12:00 - but still the same amount. The last pH tests (25 - 27/1 is taken every 1 minute - the pH between 9/1 - 25/1 is 10 minutes appart. You can clearly see that in spite of the fact that my CO2 levels in the appartment are nearly the same - the base of the pH is elevated around 0.2 in pH. Between the evening of 14/1 and evening the 16/1 there was no one living in the appartment (only a fast visit on the evening of 15/1. It clearly indicates of the pH those days.

With the fact that CO2 levels in the atmosphere was around 300 - 310 ppm when I was born 1950 and today is around 400 - 410 ppm you can easily understand how the pH of the oceans are lower today and the the mechanisms of Oceans acidification. Every reefer can see this in his own livingroom (if he/she really want to see it and not like the ostrich put the head in the sand in order not to see the bad things)

Sincerely Lasse

Eppur si muove

Last edited:

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really interesting to see, just how elevated CO2 levels we have in our homes, and especially in winter with the windows shut...shows its important to run skimmer air line outside to raise ph levels.. thx (I love the graphs on GHL, on the app you can superimpose them over each other so correlations really stand out)

gregkn73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I detect a rising Aiptasia problem in my aquaria. I add 6 cm of this (around 2 grams) after 2 weeks adaption in my refugium.

fil-jpg.957518

5 days later - 60 % of the aiptasia is gone

Sincerely Lasse
Ιn my case, before eliminating aptaisia, it eat all my zoas, and many fleshy lps...:-( I hope you are more lucky!

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12 I show evidence what CO2 levels mean in a reef system - you feel attacked - I can understand that - but please have that discussion in threads about global warming - not in a build thread. We can discuss if CO2 levels in the air in reality affect the pH or not in this thread but the conlusion every one take of these facts - it is up to that person and its conscience. I handle it in my way - other persons in their one way.

Sincerely Lasse

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12 I show evidence what CO2 levels mean in a reef system - you feel attacked - I can understand that - but please have that discussion in threads about global warming - not in a build thread. We can discuss if CO2 levels in the air in reality affect the pH or not in this thread but the conlusion every one take of these facts - it is up to that person and its conscience. I handle it in my way - other persons in their one way.

Sincerely Lasse
Sorry Lasse, you are absolutely correct. I don't feel attacked, only frustrated because I do understand the impact of CO2 levels on both reefs and reef tanks. I went ahead and deleted my post, this wasn't the place for it.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ιn my case, before eliminating aptaisia, it eat all my zoas, and many fleshy lps...:-( I hope you are more lucky!

I´m aware of this and have already seen some signs in one fleshy SPS I have. I do not have any Zoas. I´ll wait a couple of days more - before it goes back to the refugium.:)

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry Lasse, you are absolutely correct. I don't feel attacked, only frustrated because I do understand the impact of CO2 levels on both reefs and reef tanks. I went ahead and deleted my post, this wasn't the place for it.

Do not delete it - I respect your standpoint (however not sharing it :) ). I had to chose if I would publish this things and taking the risk of getting a infected discussion about Global heating. I decide to publish but try to not allow a general discussion in this thread. Your post and my answer can stand there it is - just in order to hihglite this.

We have a anxious situation here in Sweden - we have a sixteen years old girl kicking buts with both politicans, normal people and her parents. Everyone knows - she´s right but we react different in our frustratration. :)

Sincerely Lasse

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not delete it - I respect your standpoint (however not sharing it :) ). I had to chose if I would publish this things and taking the risk of getting a infected discussion about Global heating.
I think it is best to be left deleted. Without doubt someone will see my post and be triggered to respond and this isn't the place for it. We would all end up needing to watch more of your tank video's to lower our blood pressure!
For people who see this and are confused, I'll just paraphrase my original post. I have deep frustrations with those on both sides of the global warming debate. Some people don't acknowledge it as a problem. Others want to use it as a political tool to drive non environmental based policy. Very few people seem interested in meaningful action.

As you said Lasse.
Eppur si muove
Some say it is not moving. Some say it is moving, so let's build a bridge. After all, politicians run for office to solve problems. If they actually solve those problems, how will they be elected again?

Hopefully I stated my opinion on this with a little more tact this time.

I need to look into that 16 year old girl and see what she is saying. If you want the truth on a topic, it is best to seek out the young or the old. The young haven't developed the scar tissue that comes with experience. The old have gained wisdom and realize that they no longer need to care what other people think.

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is best to be left deleted. Without doubt someone will see my post and be triggered to respond and this isn't the place for it. We would all end up needing to watch more of your tank video's to lower our blood pressure!
For people who see this and are confused, I'll just paraphrase my original post. I have deep frustrations with those on both sides of the global warming debate. Some people don't acknowledge it as a problem. Others want to use it as a political tool to drive non environmental based policy. Very few people seem interested in meaningful action.

As you said Lasse.
Eppur si muove
Some say it is not moving. Some say it is moving, so let's build a bridge. After all, politicians run for office to solve problems. If they actually solve those problems, how will they be elected again?

Hopefully I stated my opinion on this with a little more tact this time.

I need to look into that 16 year old girl and see what she is saying. If you want the truth on a topic, it is best to seek out the young or the old. The young haven't developed the scar tissue that comes with experience. The old have gained wisdom and realize that they no longer need to care what other people think.

I was about to reply to your original post. Not against it, just add some things that makes me frustrated. But I respect Lasse's wish for keeping his thread open :D Even though I know he likes to talk about the subject, as well as I do :)

About Greta Thunberg, she is just brilliant.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She is a daughter of a famous opera singer with the world as her stage. Some people says - such a mother such a daugther but in this case is the opposite. She have convinst her mother to stop flying some years ago with only one sentence - If you know all of this - why is you still flying and let me pay it when I´m a grow up?

It is a modern translation of the Danish Author Hans Christian Andersens briliant fairytale The emperor's New Clothes

Nowadays - her mother sings in musicals in their hometown - Stockholm :)

I just rise your frustration a little bit more @Brew12 :) :)

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About Greta Thunberg, she is just brilliant.
Much respect for this young lady! Traveling to Davos on a 32 hour train ride and staying there in a tent to basically tell the worlds elite that they are most to blame? I love it! The world needs more people who live their convictions, and not just expect others to make changes.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because that I will be away for a week or two from next Monday - I had take a decision - no more fish before I´m home again. However - when you visit a fish store and the owner ask - have you seen this beauty and at the same time turn a stone upp side down. Yes I had - in my dreams - what to do...…..

IMG_20190129_175359.jpg

Well - it is in my refugium now :)

Sincerely Lasse

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back