OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was at hospital last year - the night after the big surgery - I could not sleep and played around with my GHL app. the day after - I saw pH at 9.3 in my tank, twice. It works out well. As you can understand - with a new cut of the stomach of 20 cm - there was a lot of drugs in that body that night :)

I hope that you have not deep freeze your tank.

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Now that is big coat weather...
it was stupidity. In fact given the things that have happened to my tank in the last year - I have become somewhat disbelieving about people that say 'my all changed by .01 and my corals died. That said - Its a mature tank. The temp this AM was 67.5...

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it was stupidity. In fact given the things that have happened to my tank in the last year - I have become somewhat disbelieving about people that say 'my all changed by .01 and my corals died. That said - Its a mature tank. The temp this AM was 67.5...
Natures pretty tough, fingers crossed for you

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the information @Lasse. I dont want to simplify it too much, but do you think your setup allows you to do no WC, IE refugium and your under gravel system and how you utilize that, or do you think most tanks could go no WC after a certain amount of time?

Your setup is amazing, so trying to think through everything my mind can assimilate before attempting to go no WC in my tank. I have enjoyed reading through your build, always something to learn in this hobby. I have read your comments on the cyano thread as well, I need to get my PhD in Biology after reading that:).

Thank you - As @najer said - most tanks can work with no WC as a standard rutine (but WC if needed) but I think that the things I have done in my tank make it more easy to handle - it give me more stability IMO. However - I do not think that I should dare to completly run without WC if I haven had the ICP tests.

Your tank looks awesome! Well done sir. JP

Thank You

Sincerely Lasse

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Home after 15 days in Italy

Looks good

IMG_20190119_224942.jpg

Sincerely Lasse
Stunning!

SaracensRugby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you - As @najer said - most tanks can work with no WC as a standard rutine (but WC if needed) but I think that the things I have done in my tank make it more easy to handle - it give me more stability IMO. However - I do not think that I should dare to completly run without WC if I haven had the ICP tests.

Thank You

Sincerely Lasse

Thanks @Lasse, that makes sense. What is the frequency with which you run the ICP tests? Or do you want for your tank to "show you" something is amuck and then test?

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Lasse Great vids of your tank as always. Noticing you have a bunch of Pajamas and search showed that they've spawned in your tank.
Are you able to distinguish male and female on these Pajamas in any way without one of them having a belly or mouth full of eggs?

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Lasse Great vids of your tank as always. Noticing you have a bunch of Pajamas and search showed that they've spawned in your tank.
Are you able to distinguish male and female on these Pajamas in any way without one of them having a belly or mouth full of eggs?

No i have not be able to do that - neither with the threadfin cardinals. They spawn too.

Sincerely Lasse

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back