OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the moment I have some problems with some corals, other - like my clams go very well. I do not really knows what´s happen, If I had no testing gear - my impression would be N or P limitation - but the meters report around 0.1 ppm PO4 and 6 ppm NO3 However - I´m starting a new project and need old, biological active water. I will take water from my DT and do a 20 % WC tomorrow.

Sincerely Lasse

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the moment I have some problems with some corals, other - like my clams go very well. I do not really knows what´s happen, If I had no testing gear - my impression would be N or P limitation - but the meters report around 0.1 ppm PO4 and 6 ppm NO3 However - I´m starting a new project and need old, biological active water. I will take water from my DT and do a 20 % WC tomorrow.

Sincerely Lasse

Can't like that,, hope you get to the bottom of if quickly!

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I´m on my way to lose this centerpiece

1563642788183.png

I have lost 3 heads and it is so compact that I can´t take apart the bad parts. The development looks like Brown jelly disease - but without any brown jelly - they just disappear.

Sincerely Lasse

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I´m on my way to lose this centerpiece

1563642788183.png

I have lost 3 heads and it is so compact that I can´t take apart the bad parts. The development looks like Brown jelly disease - but without any brown jelly - they just disappear.

Sincerely Lasse

Are the heads just disappearing? No ones sneaking in and eating them while you’re not looking are they?

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the heads just disappearing? No ones sneaking in and eating them while you’re not looking are they?
This is what my Peppermint shrimp were doing to my Hammer.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They just collapses and remains - unexpanded - in the skeleton. the next day they are gone. It's just like BJD but without the brown slime. It is another very small euphyllia that has problems too but my other euphyllia´s works well. But it can be something that eats on it - head for head

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bad ones. The one to the left looks better today - the one to the right is losing its third head - 1 remaining

bad-.jpg

The ones that works for the moment

good1.jpg

good2.jpg

good2-.jpg

good4.jpg

. Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bad ones. The one to the left looks better today - the one to the right is losing its third head - 1 remaining

bad-.jpg

The ones that works for the moment

good1.jpg

good2-.jpg

good4.jpg

. Sincerely Lasse

good2.jpg
Bring it to work and I'll try some magic on it ;)
Then you can replace it with a non-green coral instead!! ;Troll

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I did a a WC - around 15%. I need the water for my new project. I took away some sand from the DSB too (3 tea cups) Move my critters in the refugium - the ones I found - will come back later with the newcomers.

When I was handling with my chaeto and caulerpa - the caluerpa show sign of malnutrition - but my test show 5 ppm NO3 and 0.1 PO4 There was also signs of cyanobacteria mats on some dying caulerpa. One week ago it looked great. I decide to run the NO3 path and start to add NO3 again - I will do this a week - dosing around 1 ppm a day. Will measure during the time.

Sincerely Lasse

PS - my torch have only one head left , but looks rather fine. Adding of two new pipe fish will maybe help if there is some small animals that cause the problem. We will see.

Sincerely Lasse

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I did a a WC - around 15%. I need the water for my new project. I took away some sand from the DSB too (3 tea cups) Move my critters in the refugium - the ones I found - will come back later with the newcomers.

When I was handling with my chaeto and caulerpa - the caluerpa show sign of malnutrition - but my test show 5 ppm NO3 and 0.1 PO4 There was also signs of cyanobacteria mats on some dying caulerpa. One week ago it looked great. I decide to run the NO3 path and start to add NO3 again - I will do this a week - dosing around 1 ppm a day. Will measure during the time.

Sincerely Lasse

PS - my torch have only one head left , but looks rather fine. Adding of two new pipe fish will maybe help if there is some small animals that cause the problem. We will see.

Sincerely Lasse
What ever you do, DON'T bring to Sallstrom, I think, he thinks coffee solve everything, I can't read minds, just a hunch.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is what I suspect - it will be something I haven´t heard about before - but I think it had happens in this tank - at least 1 time before. The green thing is sitting on a snail shell - the size of the green thing is about 2 mm

what.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back