Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
01:30 in the morning (local time) - Victory

tricked.jpg

Now it will be interesting to see if my euphyllia will repair themselves again - if it was the filefish. The filefish is a part of the Adrine project for the moment :)

Sincerely Lasse
Congrats! I have a feeling that the coffee will taste a little better in the morning. ;)

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a rather low ORP reading and have rise my H2O2 concentrations and amount of catalysts - for the moment I run 12 % and 3 catalyst in 300 l of water. I succeed to rise the ORP from around 280 to around 320 mV. However - I discover that my skimmer seems to give lesser air than before - it has happens before and I know the problem. The construction of the injector leave a small space there calcium carbonate builds up and block the air intake after a while. I have two injectors that I alter. The last was new and I was not expected it to be blocked as fast as it did. after cleaning it up - the amount of air/hour rise a lot -> and the ORP is now around 420 - there it has been when the aquarium works well. Still see some cyanobacteria but rinse as soon as I see it build up. I have also decided that i´ll try to take my giant crab out from the aquarium. I suspect that he/she takes away fish for me. But it will be a difficult task.

Sincerely Lasse

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a rather low ORP reading and have rise my H2O2 concentrations and amount of catalysts - for the moment I run 12 % and 3 catalyst in 300 l of water. I succeed to rise the ORP from around 280 to around 320 mV. However - I discover that my skimmer seems to give lesser air than before - it has happens before and I know the problem. The construction of the injector leave a small space there calcium carbonate builds up and block the air intake after a while. I have two injectors that I alter. The last was new and I was not expected it to be blocked as fast as it did. after cleaning it up - the amount of air/hour rise a lot -> and the ORP is now around 420 - there it has been when the aquarium works well. Still see some cyanobacteria but rinse as soon as I see it build up. I have also decided that i´ll try to take my giant crab out from the aquarium. I suspect that he/she takes away fish for me. But it will be a difficult task.

Sincerely Lasse
I've had airlines with coating of calcium in the line, start to restrict air through it, odd.

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have also decided that i´ll try to take my giant crab out from the aquarium. I suspect that he/she takes away fish for me. But it will be a difficult task.
I caught a stubborn gorilla crab by placing a drinking glass in the sand against a rock with a piece of raw shrimp in it after the lights went out.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Visit IKEA a couple of days ago - and there for my first time - I saw Swedish Fish. We have had the candy before - Malaco pastellfisk - but we never have named it Swedish Fish before :)

Swedish-fish.jpg

The main reason for the visit was not to get these fishes - instead to get a cabinet for my project - the cabinet system Bestå

cabinett.jpg

1cabinett.jpg

2cabinett.jpg

Will be continued...

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I´m sorry to say - I lost my torch. Yesterday - I suddenly saw a brown jelly in it and take it away. This make me believe that my filefish´s behavior maybe could be a secondary effect - or the torch was damaged behind the point of no return. The filefish will stay away for the moment and I will see if the other affected euphyllia will manage without being more sick. It looks like that - but I´m not sure. I have missed my two new pipefish too - why - I do not really know but my giant Sally crab is under investigation. This two was fishes living near the substrate and that type of fishes seems be difficult to introduce in my aquarium

However - I could relocate my clams - and they are huge and below you will see a 39 months old aquarium. Late in the movie - when it show the aquarium from the side panel - it easy to spot that it is not 100% for the moment. The sand become brownish and it is difficult to judge what it is

Sincerely Lasse

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I´m sorry to say - I lost my torch. Yesterday - I suddenly saw a brown jelly in it and take it away. This make me believe that my filefish´s behavior maybe could be a secondary effect - or the torch was damaged behind the point of no return. The filefish will stay away for the moment and I will see if the other affected euphyllia will manage without being more sick. It looks like that - but I´m not sure. I have missed my two new pipefish too - why - I do not really know but my giant Sally crab is under investigation. This two was fishes living near the substrate and that type of fishes seems be difficult to introduce in my aquarium

However - I could relocate my clams - and they are huge and below you will see a 39 months old aquarium. Late in the movie - when it show the aquarium from the side panel - it easy to spot that it is not 100% for the moment. The sand become brownish and it is difficult to judge what it is

Sincerely Lasse

Sorry to learn you lost the torch and your pipefish. I still really like the look of everything else and especially the clams!

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In English parlance bummer!
Yes - they was eating very well - one disappeared (however I have not check my refugium - this one have found its way to the refugium once before) the other was very active and fat at night - found dead in the morning. I will not add any bottom dwelling fish before my crab is gone

Sincerely Lasse

U

User1

View Badges
My Matted Filefish was always nipping on my hammers. That and Xenia. The Hammers at least in my tank seemed to manage the nips or grew fast enough so never an issue. The Xenia frag I introduced that it went right after on the other hand wasn't established enough so that is when I re-homed the filefish. Wish I kept it because it was fine with everything else, go figure.

I'm starting to see a few Aptasia pop up now so trying to figure out my play here. Cool fish and all but I like the Xenia patches I have and do not want my Maxima clam messed with.

Sorry to hear about the pipe fish. I heard they do not live very long is that a possibility?

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that the saying about short lifespan with pipe fish is only valid to aquariums. I.E. we have difficulties to have them stay alive. I have one pipefish that have been in my aquarium for more than 2 years and one that have been here for nearly 1 year. Both of them are free swimming. My last two had a more benthic behavior. I have had problems with establish other benthic species - they have been doing very great - eating and behave normally. Suddenly - one morning - without any warnings - I could not spot them. I have two main suspects - my sally lightfoot - it's huge - and my pistol shrimp. I have seen my sally trying to catch fish - therefore he/she is the main suspect. Yesterday - I succeed to catch him/her.

Sincerely Lasse

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Matted Filefish was always nipping on my hammers. That and Xenia. The Hammers at least in my tank seemed to manage the nips or grew fast enough so never an issue. The Xenia frag I introduced that it went right after on the other hand wasn't established enough so that is when I re-homed the filefish. Wish I kept it because it was fine with everything else, go figure.

I'm starting to see a few Aptasia pop up now so trying to figure out my play here. Cool fish and all but I like the Xenia patches I have and do not want my Maxima clam messed with.

Sorry to hear about the pipe fish. I heard they do not live very long is that a possibility?

I love my tassle / matted file fish, model citizen as far as I know, great scavenger. :)

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the filefish - it looks like the behavior has with every individual to do. Some are model citizen (for a while at least) some are not. I love file fishes but this time I try to take it away. In my case - it can have been that my corals have been stressed and attacked of some microorganisms and could not stand the behavior of the filefish. Now when I have taken it away - I can see if they will still decline.

I will have it in the other aquarium and transfer it back if I get an aptasia invasion again. The beauty with file fish is that if you found its sleeping place (often high up in the aquarium) - it is easy to catch with a flash light and a net

Sincerely Lasse

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • None.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.3%
Back