0   0   0
I have a 90 gallon mixed reef With the following fish currently;
- 2 clowns
- 3 pj cardinals
- melanurus wrasse
- dwarf flame angel
- royal gramma
- azure damsel

i haven’t added a fish in 2 years. id like to add the last 3.
- talbot damsel
- springier damsel
- Midas blenny

any concerns with adding these? I’d probably order from live aquaria and they will be much smaller. Thoughts?

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why multiple species of damsels? I would add another Azure damsel so they pair up and spawn. I don't have much experience with Midas Blenny, but I think this will be fine.

OP
OP
msujohn

msujohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like bright color but also value interactions of the fish a lot. Olus when they spawn, you know that you are providing good care for them.
The other concern I have is that spawning fish, I would assume would become very territorial. If I just added azure’s would I add more than 1?

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Midas blennies are awesome. Keep to themselves, colorful, and interesting to watch

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think any current fishes will look twice at the blenny.

Established clowns and damsel may give the new damsels some grief. Lots of food, hiding places, and maybe even an acclimation box could help.

OP
OP
msujohn

msujohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think any current fishes will look twice at the blenny.

Established clowns and damsel may give the new damsels some grief. Lots of food, hiding places, and maybe even an acclimation box could help.
My current clowns and damsel seem to keep to themselves. My concern is with my dwarf flame angel. He picks on everybody. That’s why I was thinking if I decide to add more fish, I’d add several vs. just one. Hoping it helps with aggression. I have plenty of rock, caves, and places to hide out.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other concern I have is that spawning fish, I would assume would become very territorial. If I just added azure’s would I add more than 1?
I recommend 2 of any of the damsels. they just pair up and spawn. You already have one Azure, very brightly color and docile. Add another and you have a pair. they have very small territory, about 1footX1foot and will not give anybody any grief.

OP
OP
msujohn

msujohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I plan just to add damsels. I'm thinking about adding 3 total. 1 more Azure to pair up with the one that I already have and get 2 talbots. Do you think I will have any issues adding these damsels, especially if they are going to be smaller than what I already have? Do you think that I could have a total of 6 damsels? Adding 5 new one's?

OP
OP
msujohn

msujohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I plan just to add damsels. I'm thinking about adding 3 total. 1 more Azure to pair up with the one that I already have and get 2 talbots. Do you think I will have any issues adding these damsels, especially if they are going to be smaller than what I already have? Do you think that I could have a total of 6 damsels? Adding 5 new one's?
Bump

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back