Colony is about 5in across now

20190729_145456_edited (1).jpeg

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy cool acro, love the red polyps on purple tips with the green in the base. Really cool. Can we see an updated colony shot from the top?

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Flash pic; apologies for the hand print. The colony is too big and too high up to get a pic with the view box.
20191222_143253_edited.jpeg

No complaints here. There are a handful of sps from the 90's that I've been looking for and gemmifera is one of them. But I'm pretty sure I couldn't afford a frag of Sanjay's. Stunning!

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking so awesome Tony !!!

I made a "high-end vendor" style pic, just to be silly lol.
20191221_033526_edited.jpeg

Interestingly , that’s the same pic that ended up on Ecotech Marine’s Facebook and they were not being silly about high end vendor colors :D

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, John Carvallo put it up on their FB page. Show it with beautiful colors in daylight, nobody cares. Take one silly blue led pic and...

Well its the truth of technology advancement my friend ! Love the daylight shot Tony !
Many or most do not realize that not everyone can pull colors of a Acropora Gemmifera lie the posted in FB group :D everyday . False hopes lol !

May be I missed it but how much PAR is it receiving - like 1000 ? and flow ?

OP
OP
tnyr5

tnyr5

Tony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somewhere around there, yes. I turned the lights down a little; 1500 wasn't hurting it, but it didn't make it get any extra colors, either. I think most people could color it up just fine in a 6-700 par hot spot.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, John Carvallo put it up on their FB page. Show it with beautiful colors in daylight, nobody cares. Take one silly blue led pic and...

That’s quite amusing. Just shows the way reefing is going. It’s not about reefing skills anymore as much as it is about using lights and filters to make things look as crazy as possible.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your in pa? I might have to stop by there on one of our kitten deliveries and pick up some of this sick digitate acros you have :)

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only if it’s one that had trouble weening and is small or a runt. Because I gotta take care of them all the time through that period and they are way to cute and attached to you at that point. Now mostly I am happy to have them gone and in good homes because they are a lot of work really. And most all of them go to huge massive houses to live in which makes me happy.
Tnyr5 shoot me a pm if your up for selling or trading some frags in a few months. Literally no one down here has any acropora with thick branches. Shoot even the staghorns in most tanks look like twigs (kidding but some do have some thin long branching corals).

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back