Lawnmower Blenny & bicolour Blenny

TSM Aquatics

Kbangaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Hey Reefers,
I’m looking at adding a lawnmower Blenny & a bicolour Blenny in my 400ltr/105 gallon tank. I have lots of rock and hiding places etc……. Can it be done? Thanks

62B0FDB4-189A-415B-BA22-4DD78DF237C2.jpeg

Corals.com

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Nice looking tank. Don’t see why not. What are your concerns and what do you already stock? The Live Aquaria web site has the best information for all kinds of live stock. Temperament, cautions, feeding, mature size, etc. They also have a compatibility chart.

OP
Kbangaa

Kbangaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Nice looking tank. Don’t see why not. What are your concerns and what do you already stock? The Live Aquaria web site has the best information for all kinds of live stock. Temperament, cautions, feeding, mature size, etc. They also have a compatibility chart.
Current livestock- yellow tang(baby) powder brown tang, blue tang(baby), 2 clowns and a oooooooold pj cardinal. Was just worried they might not get along being both blennys

Gtinnel

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I don't know if my experience is helpful here or not but I have a lawnmower blenny and a midas blenny together in a 125g tank and there has never been any aggression between them at all. I was also a little worried when I added the lawnmower but it hasn't been an issue.

Avast
OP
Kbangaa

Kbangaa

View Badges
Reaction score
I don't know if my experience is helpful here or not but I have a lawnmower blenny and a midas blenny together in a 125g tank and there has never been any aggression between them at all. I was also a little worried when I added the lawnmower but it hasn't been an issue.
Great, thanks for the reply

Champion Lighting & Supply

ThePurple12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I added a lawnmower to my 125g with an existing bicolor. The bicolor chased the lawnmower around for a few days, and it got to the point where the lawnmower had to constantly hide. I was about to take the lawnmower back when the bicolor finally stopped.

It can be done, but there might be some initial fighting.

TSM Aquatics

Do you think there are benefits to turning your skimmer off for periods of time?

• YES (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 69 27.5%
  • NO

Votes: 75 29.9%
  • Maybe but not sure

Votes: 98 39.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 9 3.6%
Coral Frenzy