LE Tyree Captain America "Last Frag" Paly Growout!!!

ReefArtist

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pakora - first off thank you for putting this together for all of us. This is what it's all about sharing with others - I personally thank you for that.

You'll do fine with the tanks you are using I've kept corals in 10 and 20g tanks myself and as long as you watch it and test you'll not have any problems.

My rule when feeding anything is if it will grab the food (as in Duncans etc) they get larger foods. If I don't get a response as with most of my zoas they then get phyto, cyclopeezes etc. I've never truly target feed my zoas/paly's - and I get great growth.

As for the other comments - if you wanted in on this that's great. If not what are you losing? I've seen absolutely beautiful 10 and 20g tanks and also 300g beautiful tanks. I've also seen the opposite - it's all in the reefer. We aren't losing a thing - if they die we get out $$ back. If they make it great we get once again the last frag available of the Captain America Paly.

BTW - I know a guy that visited the store and he also was told it was the "last frag available" so he purchased it :) this was last month.

I wouldn't puchase these palys for any more than what Pakora has offered them - I personally don't think they are worth it - but that is just MPO.

Last edited:
OP
OP
pakora

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you realize what this is all about! Gonna test my tank now ;) I"ll update the thread with a pic and parameters soon!

Pakora - first off thank you for putting this together for all of us. This is what it's all about sharing with others - I personally thank you for that.

You'll do fine with the tanks you are using I've kept corals in 10 and 20g tanks myself and as long as you watch it and test you'll not have any problems.

My rule when feeding anything is if it will grab the food (as in Duncans etc) they get larger foods. If I don't get a response as with most of my zoas they then get phyto, cyclopeezes etc. I've never truly target feed my zoas/paly's - and I get great growth.

As for the other comments - if you wanted in on this that's great. If not what are you losing? I've seen absolutely beautiful 10 and 20g tanks and also 300g beautiful tanks. I've also seen the opposite - it's all in the reefer. We aren't losing a thing - if they die we get out $$ back. If they make it great we get once again the last frag available of the Captain America Paly.

BTW - I know a guy that visited the store and he also was told it was the "last frag available" so he purchased it :) this was last month.

I wouldn't puchase these palys for any more than what Pakora has offered them - I personally don't think they are worth it - but that is just MPO.

OP
OP
pakora

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From now on I will post a picture every week, I could do it every day but then it would just flood the thread for no reason :p

Date: 3/8/2009 Time: 18:52 EST
cap3_8_09.jpg

Tank Parameters

Date: 3/8/2009
Salinity: 1.025
PH: 8.2
Ammonia(ppm): 0
Nitrite(ppm): 0
Nitrate(ppm): 0
Calcium(ppm): 440
ºdKh: 11
Phosphate(ppm): 0
Temperature: 77.7
Magnesium: Untested (I have a test kit but I test randomly on Mag)
Time Tested: 18:47 EST

Last edited:

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your alk is a little high. Try to bring it down slowly and keep around 8-9 IMO.

ReefArtist

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are looking great! I do like to keep my alk a little high but I mainly have SPS corals. All in all things are looking good. Have you heard or have you found if they like higher or lower light? Just wondering because I have zoas at all levels in my tank - VDM's very high, good flow, looking and growing great. PPE low with good flow looking and growing good. With everything in between - I find zoas harder then SPS corals - you starting with one polyp now that's hard, but I'm sure you can do it.

BTW - if something would happen please do not feel badly. I think anyone that has been in this hobby for any amount of time has done it once or twice - ok me a few extra but it happens :). Keep up the great work!

OP
OP
pakora

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much for those words of encouragement! I briefly tried placing the captain up a little higher but it closed up so I put it back down. It does seem to be reaching upwards which may indicate it wants to be closer. I'll give it another try placing it higher up.

I also have an African Blue Cespitularia and from what Ive read they can be very difficult to keep. As long as I can keep that bugger alive (I have two seperate stalks from one) then I feel capable :-D

lol the captain needs to find its crew, you cant have a captain without a crew!!!! :tongue:

Things are looking great! I do like to keep my alk a little high but I mainly have SPS corals. All in all things are looking good. Have you heard or have you found if they like higher or lower light? Just wondering because I have zoas at all levels in my tank - VDM's very high, good flow, looking and growing great. PPE low with good flow looking and growing good. With everything in between - I find zoas harder then SPS corals - you starting with one polyp now that's hard, but I'm sure you can do it.

BTW - if something would happen please do not feel badly. I think anyone that has been in this hobby for any amount of time has done it once or twice - ok me a few extra but it happens :). Keep up the great work!

OP
OP
pakora

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning!

I woke up to check on the captain when a little something caught my eye! I hope it is what we all think it is! :-D Congratulations everyone it has begun! :bigsmile:

cap_3_10_09.jpg

BigBabyCigarBox2009.jpg

OP
OP
pakora

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
updating list.

Please make sure you guys read the updates on the first page! (First post under the growout list)

Last edited:

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 30 21.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 100 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.3%

Back