LE Tyree Captain America "Last Frag" Paly Growout!!!

OP
OP
pakora

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding you to the backup list. Guys if you are on the list and are still interested please send me a pm so I can put a note by your name and hold your spot. If you havent paid yet you should let me know because once the spots are full even if you were on the list you will miss out because ive asked several times already to let me know if you are still interested! You dont have to pay right away but at least let me know that you want me to hold your spot! AHHHH did i say it enough times!? :cry:

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many are you letting get in on this? I have done a couple grow outs and doing a couple still and I have to limit it at 10 pple. At times I wish I had limited it at 5pple. Takes a lot of work, time, space to do a grow out. You have to frag, worry, buy superglue and more superglue just to mention a few of the things involved.
At the end of the grow out you have to pack and ship and that at the conveniance of each person recieveing a frag. And while shippping them you have to worry if the frags are going to get there OK and some pple don't even bother thanking you for all this and I have even had a few complain about shipping costs.
You shouldn't be taking in so many pple. Take it from experiance, you will wish you hadn't later, especially if you are guaranteeing a refund if somehting happens. That was not wise. Sorry to say it but you are allowing too many in on this. You will realize his later on, maybe not now.

OP
OP
pakora

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much for taking the time out to share your wisdom. I think about it everyday that its going to be a big feat to frag and ship these out. I already started this so it wouldnt be fair to just go back on my word so maybe next time I wont have as many people. Im going to do my best to be as careful as possible with the whole nine yards. If you have time maybe you can help me :p I'll give you a frag too! :xd:

I always think if our sponsors can ship hundreds a day then I should be able to handle 20. I have and continue to read the best fragging and shipping methods. I hope its a success though! :tongue:

Regards,
Hamza

How many are you letting get in on this? I have done a couple grow outs and doing a couple still and I have to limit it at 10 pple. At times I wish I had limited it at 5pple. Takes a lot of work, time, space to do a grow out. You have to frag, worry, buy superglue and more superglue just to mention a few of the things involved.
At the end of the grow out you have to pack and ship and that at the conveniance of each person recieveing a frag. And while shippping them you have to worry if the frags are going to get there OK and some pple don't even bother thanking you for all this and I have even had a few complain about shipping costs.
You shouldn't be taking in so many pple. Take it from experiance, you will wish you hadn't later, especially if you are guaranteeing a refund if somehting happens. That was not wise. Sorry to say it but you are allowing too many in on this. You will realize his later on, maybe not now.

macawmagic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think for shipping...as long as you have everything organized well, coolers ready and labeled and frags all organized, you shouldn't have a problem other than carrying them all into the shipping store. just give it time and this will work. the problem I see with 20 people being in it is that you'll be waiting for 1 paly to reach 41 paly's. LOL. that's going to take a while!

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well. one thing you can do is go by who paid first, then ship a limited amount each week.
I have a full time job, don't know if you do or what you do do, but that is always a limiting factor for me at least.
I am sure you will do all you can for this grow out. A word of advise and yo probably already know this though, don't get slack in fragging. Frag, frag and frag again. The more you frag them the faster they will grow, especially protopalys. After you get about 5-8 polyps grown then start fragging them.
as far as one for myself, I have more zoanthids then I know what to do with, but I do appreciate the offer.
I am no expert by any means but always feel free to PM me if there is anything I can be of assistance with. And if I know I could point you to someone that could. There are many pple on this site that know what they are doing when it comes to growing/keeping corals.

OP
OP
pakora

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the kind advice! LOL @ yeah its going to take a while but we'll get there! :smile:

i think for shipping...as long as you have everything organized well, coolers ready and labeled and frags all organized, you shouldn't have a problem other than carrying them all into the shipping store. just give it time and this will work. the problem I see with 20 people being in it is that you'll be waiting for 1 paly to reach 41 paly's. LOL. that's going to take a while!

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But what if you have a life? Work, family, etc? 10-20 shipping packages, not something you can throw together overnight. I have shipped some zoanthids. Takes me 2-3 hours to do 4 boxes. There is labeling, putting boxes, insulation together. Bagging each frag, then insulating, checking temps at each zip code, making sure addresses are correct, then taking them to the different carriers because not everyone can afford Fedex just to name a few things that have to be done to ensure corals arrive in good order.
I am not the most put together person I will admit, but it is work I do know when it comes to fraggin and shipping corals/zoanthids as I am sure the sponsors and anyone that sells frags can attest to.

OP
OP
pakora

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess we'll have to do them in batches or something, bro where were you when I started this LOL! :cry:

But what if you have a life? Work, family, etc? 10-20 shipping packages, not something you can throw together overnight. I have shipped some zoanthids. Takes me 2-3 hours to do 4 boxes. There is labeling, putting boxes, insulation together. Bagging each frag, then insulating, checking temps at each zip code, making sure addresses are correct, then taking them to the different carriers because not everyone can afford Fedex just to name a few things that have to be done to ensure corals arrive in good order.
I am not the most put together person I will admit, but it is work I do know when it comes to fraggin and shipping corals/zoanthids as I am sure the sponsors and anyone that sells frags can attest to.

macawmagic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no i know i know...but i'm saying...if the week or 2 before you plan on shipping you get all the boxes and everything ready, then you just have to bag put in box, heat pack or not, seal and go. i basically mean like have the boxes preready! I've shipped out about 5 packages in the same day. it is a lot of work, but if you schedule it properly it's not that bad.

OP
OP
pakora

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, now that we finally have the list confirmed I can start getting the supplies together :smile: <-- lol @ that face... he looks so surprised/happy

no i know i know...but i'm saying...if the week or 2 before you plan on shipping you get all the boxes and everything ready, then you just have to bag put in box, heat pack or not, seal and go. i basically mean like have the boxes preready! I've shipped out about 5 packages in the same day. it is a lot of work, but if you schedule it properly it's not that bad.

Tens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how come im not on the official grow out list? :( did iget kicked out or what?

Back