LE Tyree Captain America "Last Frag" Paly Growout!!!

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there still room ot get on a backup list?? If so I'd like to pay and get on.

OP
OP
pakora

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to give everyone an update.

I tested my parameters today and found that my ammonia went from 0 to 1.0 in a day! This can be attributed to my new feeding schedule. I brought my ammonia back to 0 by performing a 20% water change. I have modified my original maintenance schedule to reflect my findings. I shall maintain this schedule because Im finding this to be highly effective. Since following this method the captain has produced not one, but two babies, possibly a third on its way. I am amazed at this and am very thankful for the pm's I was sent advising to dose this way. Cant wait to see what the future brings for us all!! Here is a picture showing the two babies.

Dosing Schedule
Monday:
Phyto (Coral Food 1 Capful)
Tuesday:

Wednesday: Formula 1 (1 square)
Thursday: Water Change
Friday
: Cyclopleeze
Saturday:

Sunday:

Date: 3/12/2009 Time: 20:04
cap_3_12_09

Last edited:

kev2me

Zoaddiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's crazy Papa-Kora. So after the frags go out and we start getting babies, should we call you Grand-Papa-Kora?

ReefArtist

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is fantastic - I can't believe two! I might need to start feeding with this schedule - watch those parameters it has always been the reason I've held back heavy feeding. You're doing great keep it up!

OP
OP
pakora

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant believe it either! Im going to make sure to monitor the parameters very closely but I think it is worth it if we are getting such great growth! :smile:

That is fantastic - I can't believe two! I might need to start feeding with this schedule - watch those parameters it has always been the reason I've held back heavy feeding. You're doing great keep it up!

OP
OP
pakora

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Baby is doing just fine! Getting bigger. I actually took pics tonight to post but the captain likes pooping alot so I decided to wait until later to snap some better pics. :tongue:

I can upload the ones i took today if you'd like to see!

hows the baby doin?

OP
OP
pakora

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update. I have relocated the captain from my frag tank to my display tank. Ive noticed zoa's/paly's are doing very well in there so I felt the captain could benefit from the atmosphere. Please find the attached photos. Captain is nice and happy! :tongue:

relocate.jpg

cap3_18_09.jpg

ReefArtist

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great! I think that's a good move, if it's working in your main tank why keep it in a separate tank – less work is always better :)

OP
OP
pakora

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cap3_23_09.jpg

Just an update!

The captain is looking BEAUTIFUL! The buds though are doing something weird. I clearly saw about two buds being formed but now it seems as if its been reabsorbed by the captain, I dont know if its possible or not. Maybe its just thickening up. Either way its nothing to fret about as the babies will come sooner than later.

Also I have some pretty interesting news. I purchased a frag pack from Flricordia with some exquisite palys/zoa's. You can rest assured that random frag is going to be something nice :tongue: (LINK HERE)

Also Macawmagic is hooking me up with a rather sweet selection of frags. What im trying to say is... Depending on how much growth all these random frags give me I might be throwing in a few extra frags! Look forward to some good stuff! :wink:

capstatus.jpg

Last edited:

kev2me

Zoaddiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The captain is certainly looking good! :adore:

And wow, how generous of you Pakora on the extra frags! :bigsmile:

lionfan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's well on it's way. I have noticed that my Zoas and Paly's do better in my Display as well. Must be the maturity

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 2 6.5%

Back