Leak Testing

  • Thread starter Thread starter ianf77
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ianf77

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
50
Reaction score
18
Location
Conroe Tx
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I want to leak test my setup today.

I have pretty much used RO water for washing everything when I setup a mixing station.

However, it would take at least a day or so to fill the tank then I would have to dump all the RO. Plus with rejection rate it is a lot of waste water, especially being on a meter.

So I am curious as to the pros and cons of using straight tap water just for the leak test?

All saltwater will be premixed and added with live sand once the leak and function test is successful.

Advice appreciated.

Ian
 
Btw... Tank is 200 g with a PM R36+ sump.... Can't remember the volume of the sump.
 
Oh, for leak testing just use the hose. Not to worry.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new