Leaky plumbing help

lonewonderer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello, i just installed my new sump trigger sapphire 26. All the plumbing are good and does not leak except for the part where the overflow pipe meets the bulkhead of the trigger sump. It leaks water from the top rim of the bulkhead where you insert the 1” overflow pipe. Do i have to glue it like the rest of the plumbing or just insert the 1” pipe to the bulkhead? Please help. Thanks!!

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would either glue it in but install a union or dont glue it and try twisting turning it to stop the leak. Or use a different pvc pipe.
Reason for not gluing or union is in case if you ever have to remove the sump or move it etc glued pvc will need to be cut. Union can be opened.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello, i just installed my new sump trigger sapphire 26. All the plumbing are good and does not leak except for the part where the overflow pipe meets the bulkhead of the trigger sump. It leaks water from the top rim of the bulkhead where you insert the 1” overflow pipe. Do i have to glue it like the rest of the plumbing or just insert the 1” pipe to the bulkhead? Please help. Thanks!!
If memory serves me correctly that should be a two piece bulkhead. The top that your overflow pipe goes into and the piece that is on the other side of the acrylic should thread together with an o-ring in between them. So yes your overflow pipe should be glued into that top fitting.

OP
OP
lonewonderer

lonewonderer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If memory serves me correctly that should be a two piece bulkhead. The top that your overflow pipe goes into and the piece that is on the other side of the acrylic should thread together with an o-ring in between them. So yes your overflow pipe should be glued into that top fitting.

YOU NAILED IT CRABS!!! Thank you so much. Yes the top part can be detached to the bottom piece. So i finally glued it and leak tested it and so far so good. Attached is my new build. And now its time to cycle it. Thank you guys!

60 gallon rimless shallow reef tank with a stand height of 48”
2 hipagero supplementary lights on the side and 1 XR30 in the middle
Trigger sump 26, clear water scrubber, Q2 skimmer, hydor Seltz D return pump, 3k gyre.

A2EBB166-CB46-4F11-9997-82284FD8B3C8.jpeg

2BD9AACD-7512-4C63-BAE0-230B886BE659.jpeg

52B63062-8913-4340-A55F-DC9601D82590.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back