LED BioCube 32 Setup!

cjwb2012

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I'm a new to the reef community and just purchased a LED Biocube 32. Got it all set up last night and am currently in the process of cycling the tank. Wanted to share the project with everyone and say thanks for all those who post here regularly. Ive learned a lot from this site.

Currently I'm running tap water which was tested by my LFS. I understand the benefits of using RO/DI water and am saving for a system right now. For the time being I'm going to have to make due with tap water. I plan on getting the clean up crew in the next few weeks followed by a Clown fish/Goby a few weeks later. I dont plan on overstocking this and want some basic corals and a few anemone's. Besides for a clown or 2 and a goby what do yal recommend for fish in this tank?

Current Equipment:
LED BioCube 32 with stand
Stock media tray with stock filter
Eheim 100 watt heater
Seawater Refractometer
API Saltwater Master Kit
28 Pounds of Live rock
20 Pounds of Live Sand - CaribSea - Fiji Pink

Current Specs:
Temp: 79
PH: 8.1-8.2
Salinity: 1.024
Ammonia: .025 ppm
Nitrite: 0 - Tested for purposes of learning
Nitrate: 0 - Tested for purposes of learning

Wishlist:
RO/DI system
Protein skimmer
Sump/Refugium
Quarantine Tank
Mp-10

IMG_0519.jpg
IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

Last edited:

bsn_rn_cen

Grandmaster Algae Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
creeper.gif

Welcome to reef2reef. Like your scape. Don't rush the nems do a bunch of research first. If you get a go by get him a shrimp they are by far my favorite. My son has a fire fish in his tank with clowns and a goby and they all get along great.

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! Scape looks great! We run one as well. We had to move our rocks in away from the glass for cleaning. We had spots we couldn't easily get to with a magnet cleaner or squeeze our hand between the glass and rock.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

What a great start, love the aquascape! Keep us posted with your progress with tons of photos! :)

OP
OP
cjwb2012

cjwb2012

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! Scape looks great! We run one as well. We had to move our rocks in away from the glass for cleaning. We had spots we couldn't easily get to with a magnet cleaner or squeeze our hand between the glass and rock.

Thanks! That's a really good point and something I didn't even consider when I placed all the rock. I haven't glued anything yet on the account of getting a feel for how I like the lay out. But I will most certainly need to move the rock some to get a cleaner to squeeze by. Good advice!

OP
OP
cjwb2012

cjwb2012

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
creeper.gif

Welcome to reef2reef. Like your scape. Don't rush the nems do a bunch of research first. If you get a go by get him a shrimp they are by far my favorite. My son has a fire fish in his tank with clowns and a goby and they all get along great.

Goby/shrimp combo. Got it! I Definitely plan on taking my time. Which is difficult since I am admittedly a very impatient person. I researched this for about 4 months before purchasing so being patient with this has definitely sunken in my brain.

Question:
I plan on getting a quarantine tank and have researched that a fair amount.
Ive heard of multiple ways of cycling this type of tank but through my research have encountered mixed advice. First, Keeping some extra filter floss in the main tank to help cycle the quarantine tank. Second, some recommend just large water changes more often as a alternative to keeping a quarantine tank running 24/7. My intention is not to have a quarantine tank running 24/7 so whats yals trick?

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back