LED light(s) for reefer 525?

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been looking into upgrading to a reefer 525 and I've got all the hardware decided on apart from the lights.
I'd like to stick to a mainstream brand for the customer support and more knowledge on them.
The main ideas so far have been hydra 52's or radio xr30w pro's
The tank will have heavy SPS on the top of the aquascape and some soft corals below
What lights do you guys recommend for this tank?

COreef8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a reefer 525 deluxe (meaning it came with 3 hydra 26HD's) and I just added the 48" Aquatic Life T5 dimmable hybrid with the floating wall mount. I really like the Hydras, and I'm very impressed with the T5 fixture as well. Since product support is a primary factor, I've dealt with support with both companies and I had no problem with getting an AI prime replaced, and Dave at Aquatic Life went well out of his way to help me with brackets that didn't fit. Great support from both.

I have the lights mounted high (11-12" right now) to get a good spread and I'm getting 200-425 PAR on most of the rockwork with 150 at the sandbed. The PAR could be much higher too if I lower the lights but I'm happy with the current numbers. Altogether, this setup would be about $1800, which is probably close to the price of 2 XR30's with mounts. I overlayed PAR numbers on an old picture of my tank here too.

Par readings.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
ReefBreeders Photon or Mars 32" dimmable pro or Kessil AP700

OP
OP
Peach02

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a reefer 525 deluxe (meaning it came with 3 hydra 26HD's) and I just added the 48" Aquatic Life T5 dimmable hybrid with the floating wall mount. I really like the Hydras, and I'm very impressed with the T5 fixture as well. Since product support is a primary factor, I've dealt with support with both companies and I had no problem with getting an AI prime replaced, and Dave at Aquatic Life went well out of his way to help me with brackets that didn't fit. Great support from both.

I have the lights mounted high (11-12" right now) to get a good spread and I'm getting 200-425 PAR on most of the rockwork with 150 at the sandbed. The PAR could be much higher too if I lower the lights but I'm happy with the current numbers. Altogether, this setup would be about $1800, which is probably close to the price of 2 XR30's with mounts. I overlayed PAR numbers on an old picture of my tank here too.

Par readings.jpg
what was the growth like with the hydras?

Maxrotor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered the Red Sea Deluxe and it comes with the Red Sea lights. Does anyone have experience with these LEDs?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 167 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back