LED Lighting Schedules

  • Thread starter Thread starter jje2016
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jje2016

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2016
Messages
104
Reaction score
21
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious, what is everyone's LED lighting schedule?

Looking for how many hours you keep lighting on and how many hours you keep moonlighting on? How many in complete darkness? What colors and at what intensity? Steady % throughout the day or fluctuating? I want to create a solid, consistent schedule so that the fish, inverts and soon to be corals know when their day begins and ends. If it helps or matters, my tank is in an office so I am there during regular office hours and early evenings.

Looking forward to your comments!
 
I use the storm controller to control my diy fixture.
It uses location settings for timing.
Spectrum is in the 20K area and on for about 10 hours

1465745098917-2078648763.jpg
 
Here you go
Hydra setting 6-9-16.PNG
 
IMO it's hard to tell between different fixtures.
I ran for 3.5 years rations but they had a different spectrum on the same settings than a different brand LED light.
It comes down on personal preference where you like to see your setting.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new