LED-Lit [EyE-CaNdY] 20g Diary

BrooksReef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
7
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, Reef2Reef!

Going to try and consistently and accurately document the progression of my 20g aquarium!

A little background information:

I've had many tanks in the past. Started out with a 75g, then moved and downsized to 34g Solana (which ended up winning me Tank of the Quarter in my local reef club). Then moved AGAIN, and went with Seahorses in a 37g. Successfully bred the Seahorses, but with high school taking most of my time away, I broke it down and then shortly after got a small 5g. The 5g was nice, but then this awesome E. Shine systems 60w CREE LED light came my way. Naturally, I bought it at the amazing price that it was offered to me for, and upgrading the tank to accommodate the lighting. :neutral: I have always had a weakness for the pretty, high-end corals. That is mostly what I will be keeping in this tank! I will try and updated as it changes and progresses.


Equipment:
Dimable 60w CREE LED fixture
Koralia Nano Powerhead
AC70 HOB Filter

Livestock:
Miami Hurricane Chalice (Colony - at least 50 eyes)
Original Mummy Eye Chalice (Colony - 16 eyes)
FragFarmer's Watermelon Chalice (4 eyes)
Jayda's Watermelon Chalice (Colony - 17+ eyes)
Utter Chaos Paly (2 polyps)
Candy Apple Red Paly (7 polyps)
Red Hornet Zoa (2 polyps)
Pearl Berry (look-a-like) (Colony-sized)
COMING SOON: Full Spectrum Paly (1 polyp)


Fish:
Target Mandarin Goby (EATING FROZEN, WHAT?!)
Bangaii Cardinal
Sexy Shrimp x 2
Peppermint Shrimp x 3


Current FTS: [Had to turn on the lights, so some of the corals are closed up :crossedlips:]
1c04f98a.jpg
 
Thanks!

Really excited about a couple of new pieces coming in!

Bazooka Joe WM
Full Spectrum Zoa
and a couple of more!
 
That's nice. I can't get any chalice to grow in open light like you have.
 
Love the minimal approach!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new