Left my frozen food out all night!!!

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Left my frozen food out all night!!! It is not frozen anymore and did it go bad? Probably not a big deal but don’t want to feed fish bad food.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would never use that. On a side note, I left a TV dinner out all nite and I’ll just toss it in the back seat and reheat it for lunch at 2 at work

after all, it was frozen recently and hasn’t been unsealed.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in jerk mode this morning lol rough nite

For sure thousands of people have done that and their fish didn’t die, but they didn’t tell us if their tummy hurt either

but in all manner of food handling, processing and safety science in any material we can possibly find: it’s bad. I used to run the bac lab at a beef processing plant in plainview tx hence my eternal skepticism on all things frozen and thawed then refrozen and consumed.

lactobacillus in beef skyrockets that way, mega rockets to uncountable colony levels. To meet fda requirements we were required to do freeze thaw refreeze colony count testing weekly.

I assume reef food prep is less stringent than human food prep

OP
OP
Reef Devils

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in jerk mode this morning lol rough nite

For sure thousands of people have done that and their fish didn’t die, but they didn’t tell us if their tummy hurt either

but in all manner of food handling, processing and safety science in any material we can possibly find: it’s bad. I used to run the bac lab at a beef processing plant in plainview tx hence my eternal skepticism on all things frozen and thawed then refrozen and consumed.

lactobacillus in beef skyrockets that way, mega rockets to uncountable colony levels. To meet fda requirements we were required to do freeze thaw refreeze colony count testing weekly.

I assume reef food prep is less stringent than human food prep
I put I back in the freezer and I will continue feeding it to the fish. Hope they like it

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha that’s awesome, it’s deeply caring for both science and animal, thought provoking in fact. Clearly a strategic move

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Left my frozen food out all night!!! It is not frozen anymore and did it go bad? Probably not a big deal but don’t want to feed fish bad food.
If this was a Tomahawkbone steak or NYsteak left outside would you eat it lol, .... it's entirely your choice :)

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%

Back