Lemme see your aquascapes

If I eat myself, would I become twice as big or disappear completely?

• Total voters

Coral Hygiene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting a new 90 gal reef tank and want to know what style of aquascape to do. I ordered 100 pounds of dry rock from John at ReefCleaners and made this:
raw
raw

I haven't glued anything yet so I'm still able to move things around. I wanna see what you guys made, I'm also open to any suggestions.

McMullen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm reading the poll question too literally.

If you began eating yourself you would not gain mass. You would also die shortly after you started.

OP
OP
Coral Hygiene

Coral Hygiene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm reading the poll question too literally.

If you began eating yourself you would not gain mass. You would also die shortly after you started.

(Puts nerd glasses on) I think that disappearing is closer to the truth. The conservation of matter demands than you can't just disappear, all of your mass has to go somewhere. If you digested your own tissues, most of the mass would end up being exhaled as carbon dioxide and water vapor. The undigestible parts would be excreted as waste.

Now, of course, you can't eat yourself entirely, but there are species of worm that can digest up to 95% of their body mass and still survive. Technically, any time you lost weight, your consuming part of your own body mass to release energy. In theory, if you could digest essentially your entire body, most of you would drift away in the air and the remnants would be deposited as a small pile of droppings.

McMullen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(Puts nerd glasses on) I think that disappearing is closer to the truth. The conservation of matter demands than you can't just disappear, all of your mass has to go somewhere. If you digested your own tissues, most of the mass would end up being exhaled as carbon dioxide and water vapor. The undigestible parts would be excreted as waste.

Now, of course, you can't eat yourself entirely, but there are species of worm that can digest up to 95% of their body mass and still survive. Technically, any time you lost weight, your consuming part of your own body mass to release energy. In theory, if you could digest essentially your entire body, most of you would drift away in the air and the remnants would be deposited as a small pile of droppings.
No! Haha!
The only thing in common people have with worms is both are created by God.

If you began eating yourself most of the mass would be digested and pooped out, not off-gassed. For arguments sake you could eat both legs and one arm over a very long period of time, thus disappearing. The reality though, no!

Reef4Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In progress for 250 gal 31 deep 79 long 23 high. I ended up with some large pieces of shelf rock. Trying to maximize swimming area for fish and lots of coral areas.

EC808E76-F66E-48D3-8DD7-C83798D68A35.jpeg

92474307-AE14-495D-A349-EDEF6D871F1A.jpeg

674BD9F2-D8F8-433D-A96A-5D7C030DC823.jpeg

4C8DF761-F8C9-4DE9-8C52-21BD81B400BC.jpeg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 45 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.5%
Back