Leopard wrasee

dochoot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to QT a leopard wrasse. Worried about it eating in such a sterile environment. What food would be most recommended? Thanks.

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R.O.E. is usually a safe bet, I prefer @Reef Nutrition myself.

With all the leopard wrasses, they burrow in the sand bed, while not usually part of a QT set up you may consider putting a little bit in a small tub to give it somewhere to go to help reduce stress. Then you could just swap out the sand in the tub when you clean the tank (if doing TTM).

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to QT a leopard wrasse. Worried about it eating in such a sterile environment. What food would be most recommended? Thanks.
Do you know any of the history on the fish? coming from lfs? shipped? if from lfs how long did they have it? did it eat from them? These are pod eaters for the most part but its not terribly hard to train them on to frozen such as mysis or brine. Doubtful it will eat pellets or flake. Make sure to have sand in the QT at least 1.5"-2" you can use a wide flat container if you dont want to keep sand in the qt.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dochoot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was gonna order online. I plan to put container of sand. 320 display that has had no problems supporting them in the past. Just worried about stressing out in QT. Weighing risk/benefit.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was gonna order online. I plan to put container of sand. 320 display that has had no problems supporting them in the past. Just worried about stressing out in QT. Weighing risk/benefit.
imo leopards dont do well in sterile tanks. But the risk of bring disease is definitely high not qt'ing.

NorCalReefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got 2 Meleagris. Love these fish and would recommend getting them from an LFS over online. I even had them add a little bit of sand to the shipping bag since they like to shoot downward when scared. Lost a couple early attempts due to broken beaks in shipping.

I’ve had good luck training them to eat frozen brine and fish eggs. They start picky but eventually become ferocious eaters. They are fun to watch and like to stay in a pack when they are small. My initial group of 3 would swim around together picking at the rocks.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • No

Votes: 118 76.1%
  • Unsure

Votes: 18 11.6%
Back