Leopard wrasse question

Mattg023

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to mix leopard wrasse species. Will I be fine adding two females (meleagris and bipartitus) along with a male of a different species. I plan on adding the two females first at the same time and then adding a male

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to mix leopard wrasse species. Will I be fine adding two females (meleagris and bipartitus) along with a male of a different species. I plan on adding the two females first at the same time and then adding a male
Should be fine but I recommend adding all FM and let them decide who becomes M. My black & blue star hunt together all day long & it’s a fun thing to watch

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In some species it can be hard to tell for sure, but always better to buy females. I have seven different species currently, and they were all bought as females. One of the bluestar females did change, but that's it.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be fine but I recommend adding all FM and let them decide who becomes M. My black & blue star hunt together all day long & it’s a fun thing to watch
Wish I could keep the black. I have tried a few times and they always waste away. Not sure why.

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I could keep the black. I have tried a few times and they always waste away. Not sure why.
Yeah. I’m definitely lucky in that regard- 3 years and running. she’s always the first to bed and the last one up so I take that as temperamental. I think having the blue star showing her the ropes helped out.

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. I’m definitely lucky in that regard- 3 years and running. she’s always the first to bed and the last one up so I take that as temperamental. I think having the blue star showing her the ropes helped out.
I love Blue star, easily my favorite Wrasse.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hAd a black and two Meleagris Leopard all females in my tank. The Black change to Male first. Then the larger of the Meleagris also change to male. All three are doing well together in my DT. I also have two juvenile Meleagris Leopard. I plan to add these two to the DT when they are a little larger.

Last edited:
Back