Leopard wrasse

Rockhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a quick question, so Ive have a leopard wrasse in my RS250 for over 3 years and and I’m in the process of cycling my new 425XL. So on the new tank I’m running bare bottom and on my 250 I have sand, she sleeps in the sand bed so do you think it would be a good idea to move her to the bare bottom or rehome her. My thought are to rehome her to a tank with sand, just wanted to ask anyways because she is so happy now and such a cool fish.

Thanks for reading

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could put a container of sand behind your rock work in the new tank for the leopard wrasse. If you don’t want to do that, then I agree you should re-home it.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah definitely needs sand to sleep in and will expire in a very short while if it doesn't have it.
That said, they really need surprisingly little sand depth and area, for their size.

ASIN28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a quick question, so Ive have a leopard wrasse in my RS250 for over 3 years and and I’m in the process of cycling my new 425XL. So on the new tank I’m running bare bottom and on my 250 I have sand, she sleeps in the sand bed so do you think it would be a good idea to move her to the bare bottom or rehome her. My thought are to rehome her to a tank with sand, just wanted to ask anyways because she is so happy now and such a cool fish.

Thanks for reading
Leopard Wrasses are so cool but unfortunately I think re homing would be the best option here as they need a nice sand bed to survive and be happy!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back