Let’s Mix it Up! Designing and Using a Water Mixing Station

bdmach1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up our stand from Home Depot over the weekend, and started dry-fitting everything. First time working with PVC, hopefully I don't screw this up! Let me know if you guys see anything wrong...

20190302_193630 (002).jpg

4180_1551702643131 (002).jpeg

SeaJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up our stand from Home Depot over the weekend, and started dry-fitting everything. First time working with PVC, hopefully I don't screw this up! Let me know if you guys see anything wrong...

20190302_193630 (002).jpg

4180_1551702643131 (002).jpeg
I like your fancy purple pipe.m

Pvc is one of the first/easiest things to learn as a DIYer. Mistakes aren’t costly, albeit slightly more costly when you have prince pipe and fancy ball valves.

SeaJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my RODI in my utility closet where I have water supply and waste. Now I have a 20-25 foot run to get to my new mixing station. Should I move the RODI closer to the mixing station and run the waste back to the utility closet, or should I leave the RODI where it is and run the supply to the mixing station? Or is it 6 of one and a half dozen of the other? I’m assuming the latter, but now that I’ll be running a booster pump to the RODI, I figure better safe than sorry.

bdmach1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your fancy purple pipe.m

Pvc is one of the first/easiest things to learn as a DIYer. Mistakes aren’t costly, albeit slightly more costly when you have prince pipe and fancy ball valves.

Prince Pipe! lol!!!

I picked the purple for my girlfriend, she will be using the mixing station more than me because of my work/travel schedule. Happy Wife/Happy Life type thing!

Bob

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like AVA is now stateside as well in New Jersey. I didnt find a store where you can just straight out buy it so will have to call them to see what's up.

Where did you see their stuff for three hundy?
Just so you know, I was able to find a few of these AVA actuators private labeled on flea bay for much cheaper. Purchased a 24v modulating version for testing purposes for $160 shipped. Seller is “control-valve” and the actuators are private labeled to HSH-Flo.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Just so you know, I was able to find a few of these AVA actuators private labeled on flea bay for much cheaper. Purchased a 24v modulating version for testing purposes for $160 shipped. Seller is “control-valve” and the actuators are private labeled to HSH-Flo.

I see he has some PVC versions pretty darn cheap. Might be worth a try. Thanks.

SeaJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it should matter which wires go where. I don't have that pressure switch to say for sure, but it should work with the wires in either spot.
@Bulk Reef Supply Hasn't responded about my broken pressure switch, so until I get that resolved, I think I'll take a stab at hard wiring it.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bulk Reef Supply Hasn't responded about my broken pressure switch, so until I get that resolved, I think I'll take a stab at hard wiring it.
That's odd. I would send them a PM on R2R. I've always found them very responsive. Send it to @randyBRS although they may stop by here since we have tagged them.

If you would like me 2nd check your plans, please include a picture of the switch assembly. I'm pretty sure the only thing I saw in the previous picture was the wiring ends.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%

Back