IMG_8277.JPG

Got it form lfs few days ago told was lineatus is that right? Or the supermale

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yup, carpenters wrasse. The red margin on the anal fin is the identifying factor.

Thank you, it unfortunately arrived in awful shape and died already (less then 12 hours) but LA has great customer service and are sending me a replacement free tomorrow for Thursday arrival, really hoping this one arrives in good shape.

One question I have, I mostly have been tangs and triggers in my DT so the custom food (raw shrimp, brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, octopus, squid, clams) I make for them is bigger chunks and the wrasse in the QT are having a hard time with it. Do you suggest just feed them small brine and mysis shrimp?

Joaoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone help me id this one it was sold as an ornate wrasse

20180114_172431.jpg

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, it unfortunately arrived in awful shape and died already (less then 12 hours) but LA has great customer service and are sending me a replacement free tomorrow for Thursday arrival, really hoping this one arrives in good shape.

One question I have, I mostly have been tangs and triggers in my DT so the custom food (raw shrimp, brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, octopus, squid, clams) I make for them is bigger chunks and the wrasse in the QT are having a hard time with it. Do you suggest just feed them small brine and mysis shrimp?
Sorry it died. But yes, they will need food a little smaller, such as enriched brine or hikari mysis.
Can someone help me id this one it was sold as an ornate wrasse

20180114_172431.jpg

Adorned Wrasse (H. cosmetus)
Baldguy nailed it.

Joaoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry it died. But yes, they will need food a little smaller, such as enriched brine or hikari mysis.

Baldguy nailed it.
Thanks thats what i told guy at the lfs. I was looking for a melanarus but he told me he didnt have any but he had a few "ornate" wrasses. I tried to google ornate wrasse any found a pic of an adorned wrasse on liveaquaria but he told me the reason it looked like that was becuase it had not colored up yet. Will this be its final color? Its has more reds and greens in it in person because of all the blue lights. Thanks again :)

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks thats what i told guy at the lfs. I was looking for a melanarus but he told me he didnt have any but he had a few "ornate" wrasses. I tried to google ornate wrasse any found a pic of an adorned wrasse on liveaquaria but he told me the reason it looked like that was becuase it had not colored up yet. Will this be its final color? Its has more reds and greens in it in person because of all the blue lights. Thanks again :)
Yeah, that's his color.

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up if it helps more. I did not get a yellowfin flasher. It is either a mccosker or carpenter unless LiveAquaria gave me the wrong type of fish, I am starting to think it is the carpenter

I didn’t order a yellow fin either. But that’s what I got lol!

On the wrasse below. Melanarus or Chrysotaenia? Sold to me as a melanarus.

89b3fd27a8648143846a853f9b5ea205.jpg

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it have a red margin on the anal fin? How many dorsal filaments does it have.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
e6751a15038509f442d8b3d2807322fe.jpg

This is one of the best pictures I could get.

hoping the big wrasse isnt the same as the small one behind it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back