Lethargic clownfish

wagadodo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
somethings up with one of my clowns… this morning I noticed the bigger one of the pair which I would guess as being the female has looked very stressed/lethargic and is out of view and hiding away in my scape and struggling to swim in high flow areas. The pair have always nipped at each other, and the smaller one has never been submissive but the bigger one is the one who has always done the bullying. It now looks like the roles have changed and the smaller one is stressing out the bigger one? Both fish have always been active swimmer in my tank as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0722.MOV
    44.2 MB

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
somethings up with one of my clowns… this morning I noticed the bigger one of the pair which I would guess as being the female has looked very stressed/lethargic and is out of view and hiding away in my scape and struggling to swim in high flow areas. The pair have always nipped at each other, and the smaller one has never been submissive but the bigger one is the one who has always done the bullying. It now looks like the roles have changed and the smaller one is stressing out the bigger one? Both fish have always been active swimmer in my tank as well.
I think that is normal clownfish behaviour. U can give them some time. If these guys r new, we all know lfs don't feed these guys for weeks so that may be the reason that they were active before. I would suggest don't disturb them for now. The bigger one will be female which will always dominate the smaller one. They will decide what to host and that will be their permanent territory and u may rarely see them leaving them(except feeding time)

U may need a acclimation box in future if one of them become too aggressive. Also u may worry if they breath fast as it is hard to see that in the vedio

In case I hv missed anything, #reefsquad

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Neither.

• Other.

Back