OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not all Fleury the rest of the team didn't show up tonight and when they did they took stupid penalties. the score is not Fleurys fault its the whole teams and as a whole they suck tonight.

The team fell apart and got frustrated, but it was primarily Fleury's fault they got to that point.

schminksbro

Guardian of The Blue Glow
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah ok, Talbot's 2 handed whack at Datsyuk's foot. Crosby's 2 handed whack at Zetterberg's knee. Malkins flying elbow at Franzen's head. Cooke stepping on Datsyuk's hand. Let's not forget Malkin's little temper tantrum after game 2. How about Orpik's statements following game 4? All things that show that these guys don't have the poise or class of champions.

Don't get carried away with the cheap classless talk with Zetterburg taking some of the cheap shots he did against Crosby in front of the goal. I love when you the Pens do it, it's cheap and classless but when the Wings do it, hey it's OK. Stupid penalties yeah cheap and classless....:rolleyes: Anything Malkin did out there I have seen done to him in this series.

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah ok, Talbot's 2 handed whack at Datsyuk's foot. Crosby's 2 handed whack at Zetterberg's knee. Malkins flying elbow at Franzen's head. Cooke stepping on Datsyuk's hand. Let's not forget Malkin's little temper tantrum after game 2. How about Orpik's statements following game 4? All things that show that these guys don't have the poise or class of champions.

:cry:

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evidentily the media thought there was a bit of classless attempt to injure stuff from Malkin, Crosby, Kunitz, and Talbot. I guess all the media people are Wings fans as well. Funny in the post game interviews the Pens aren't talking about how tired the Wings are anymore. Bylsma said Talbot's 2 hander to Datsyuk's foot was a "finished check". Funny that the Crosby slash and the Talbot slash were seconds apart. Just like they planned it. When the Wings were down in game 4 I don't remember the parade to the penalty box due to their dirty play. Win or lose the Wings have conducted themselves like disciplined professionals. You can't say that about the Pens. Leadership isn't about going out to try to injure the guys who are outplaying you. Crosby and Malkin have a lot to learn.

Don't get carried away with the cheap classless talk with Zetterburg taking some of the cheap shots he did against Crosby in front of the goal. I love when the Pens do it, it's cheap and classless but when the Wings do it, hey it's OK. Stupid penalties yeah cheap and classless....:rolleyes: Anything Malkin did out there I have seen done to him in this series.

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evidentily the media thought there was a bit of classless attempt to injure stuff from Malkin, Crosby, Kunitz, and Talbot. I guess all the media people are Wings fans as well. Funny in the post game interviews the Pens aren't talking about how tired the Wings are anymore. Bylsma said Talbot's 2 hander to Datsyuk's foot was a "finished check". Funny that the Crosby slash and the Talbot slash were seconds apart. Just like they planned it. When the Wings were down in game 4 I don't remember the parade to the penalty box due to their dirty play. Win or lose the Wings have conducted themselves like disciplined professionals. You can't say that about the Pens. Leadership isn't about going out to try to injure the guys who are outplaying you. Crosby and Malkin have a lot to learn.

I just love how hypocritical you are. When the media and the NHL talks about how great Sid is they have an agenda or are not a hockey person and really don't know any better. But now they know what they are talking about. Again game 4 Crosby took an elbow to the face and a stick to the face on the same play behind the net, but hey that's OK because if he said something he would be crying. Malkin almost had his head taken off when Kronwall launched himself in the air at him. He has also been crossed checked from behind in the back of the head in game 4 many times, But hey that's OK too because it's the Wings. There are tons of others. Cooke definitely steps over the line and so do Kronwall and Maltby. It's Stanley Cup hockey so get over it and stop :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

buck50bmg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All bickering aside, the Pens didnt act like a SCF team, and they paid the price. You can only exert so much energy and when its directed in the wrong direction, last night happens. The good: we know not to do that again. The Bad: We might get to see the cup in Pittsburgh again.

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All bickering aside, the Pens didnt act like a SCF team, and they paid the price. You can only exert so much energy and when its directed in the wrong direction, last night happens. The good: we know not to do that again. The Bad: We might get to see the cup in Pittsburgh again.

+1 I would rather see a meltdown in game 5 instead of game 7.

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course it is only my opinion but I don't think the Pens have learned to respect their opponent. Then when that opponent smokes them they get frustrated because after all their opponent isn't worth respecting. There are battles within a game that get physical. In my opinion that is hockey. Then there are blatant attempt to injure stuff away from the play that IMHO are classless. The Talbot slash to Datsyuk's foot was one of those things. Kronwall's attempted hit on Malkin may or may not have hit him in the head. There is no way to tell because he missed him by a mile. Malkins elbow to Franzens head was blatant. Pronger was suspended for the same type of hit last year in the playoffs. Of course Malkin wont be. None of this will matter anyway though because the Wings are clearly the better team. Pittsburgh seems to struggle getting 5 on 5 goals as the Wings have more than doubled them in that regard. Personally I don't think there will be a game 7. Obviously just a guess but with Zetterberg owning Crosby and now having Datsyuk back I don't think the Wings will let up. I think the Pens have played their best game and the Wings have another gear. 2 days of rest is the last thing Pittsburgh wanted Detroit to get. Fleury got chased and nothing good ever comes of having to pull your goalie in a playoff series. Ask Anaheim and Chicago how that worked out for them. Malkin can only carry the team so far and Crosby has been held pointless in 3 out of 5 games. They only mustered 2 shots between the both of them in game 5. Datsyuk did that on his own and he is 80% at best.

+1 I would rather see a meltdown in game 5 instead of game 7.

Last edited:

pdsst9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course it is only my opinion but I don't think the Pens have learned to respect their opponent. Then when that opponent smokes them they get frustrated because after all their opponent isn't worth respecting. There are battles within a game that get physical. In my opinion that is hockey. Then there are blatant attempt to injure stuff away from the play that IMHO are classless. The Talbot slash to Datsyuk's foot was one of those things. Kronwall's attempted hit on Malkin may or may not have hit him in the head. There is no way to tell because he missed him by a mile. Malkins elbow to Franzens head was blatant. Pronger was suspended for the same type of hit last year in the playoffs. Of course Malkin wont be. None of this will matter anyway though because the Wings are clearly the better team. Pittsburgh seems to struggle getting 5 on 5 goals as the Wings have more than doubled them in that regard. Personally I don't think there will be a game 7. Obviously just a guess but with Zetterberg owning Crosby and now having Datsyuk back I don't think the Wings will let up. I think the Pens have played their best game and the Wings have another gear. 2 days of rest is the last thing Pittsburgh wanted Detroit to get. Fleury got chased and nothing good ever comes of having to pull your goalie in a playoff series. Ask Anaheim and Chicago how that worked out for them. Malkin can only carry the team so far and Crosby has been held pointless in 3 out of 5 games. They only mustered 2 shots between the both of them in game 5. Datsyuk did that on his own and he is 80% at best.

The Penguins obviously lost their composure and did some stupid stuff, but if you think Crosby was trying to injure Zettenburg with that slash, you obviously know nothing about hockey, Detriot resident or not. If you want to hurt someone you do not hit them with a weak slash in the shins. There is enough padding there to take a 100MPH puck. Players know where to hit if they want to hurt a player. That was just a stupid move made out of frustration. You previously quoted the media regarding the Pens cheap shots...to quote Barry Melrose from ESPN, "If you're going to slash someone, make it count". They then showed the Talbot slash. I do agree the Talbot slash was dirty, it was an intentional slash to injure Datsyuk, and if I were the commissioner I would suspend or fine him for it, but unfortunately there are always attempts to injure in hockey and it is just considered "part of the game". To say the Wings are clearly the better team is ludicrous. They were clearly better in game 5, but you do not split the first 4 games if you are clearly the better team. The series may prove they are better, but to say they are "clearly" better at this point in a 3-2 series simply shows your ignorance.

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah OK....We will see how the series shakes out.:bigsmile:

The Penguins obviously lost their composure and did some stupid stuff, but if you think Crosby was trying to injure Zettenburg with that slash, you obviously know nothing about hockey, Detriot resident or not. If you want to hurt someone you do not hit them with a weak slash in the shins. There is enough padding there to take a 100MPH puck. Players know where to hit if they want to hurt a player. That was just a stupid move made out of frustration. You previously quoted the media regarding the Pens cheap shots...to quote Barry Melrose from ESPN, "If you're going to slash someone, make it count". They then showed the Talbot slash. I do agree the Talbot slash was dirty, it was an intentional slash to injure Datsyuk, and if I were the commissioner I would suspend or fine him for it, but unfortunately there are always attempts to injure in hockey and it is just considered "part of the game". To say the Wings are clearly the better team is ludicrous. They were clearly better in game 5, but you do not split the first 4 games if you are clearly the better team. The series may prove they are better, but to say they are "clearly" better at this point in a 3-2 series simply shows your ignorance.

dude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah OK....We will see how the series shakes out.:bigsmile:
You are one sided. Its funny you really cannot have a good conversation about any other team that the all mighty red wings. The series isnt over until someone wins 4 games wehich hasnt happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Schminks may see everything through Red Tinted Glasses, but DUDE there is no reason to call him names. He is starting to frustrate you guys and wear you down just like the Wings are wearing down the Pens! And now your taking cheap shots like the young classless team you have.....Dude you belong in the penalty box, 2 minutes for slashing.

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Schminks may see everything through Red Tinted Glasses, but DUDE there is no reason to call him a *********. He is starting to frustrate you guys and wear you down just like the Wings are wearing down the Pens! And now your taking cheap shots like the young classless team you have.....

+1 on the name calling. We don't want this thread to get shut down. Schminks and Viva may be biased, hypocritical, and not know what the heck they are talking about when it comes to hockey......:tongue: but other than that they are good guys and just pushing buttons. GO PENS!

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;) ;) ;)

Just a friendly edit or two... Back to regularly scheduled programming.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
+1 on the name calling. We don't want this thread to get shut down. Schminks and Viva may be biased, hypocritical, and not know what the heck they are talking about when it comes to hockey......:tongue: but other than that they are good guys and just pushing buttons. GO PENS!

:xd:

Sorry I think I got up on the wrong side this morning, but yeah it was uncalled for, on my part as well.

GO WINGS!!!!

MSU Fan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think both sides are right here. Slashing, hooking, etc are all part of the game. The key is not to get caught. Subtlety is a large part of hockey, and the Pens did not play with any version of it on Saturday. Have there been callable penalties for things that have happened to Malkin, Crosby, Guerin, Federtenko, etc? Sure. How about the treatment Hossa gets on the ice? It goes both ways.

In watching the game, the Penguins were doing all the same things BOTH teams have done in the playoffs so far, but they were being blatant (most likely due to their frustration). I mean, come on, slash some one behind the ankle when the ref's NOT LOOKING. Those penalties were stupid (quite a few of them, such as Kunitz' pummeling of Helm) and definitely cost the Pens the game.

I am a Wings fan, and have been my whole life. I wouldn't mind the Wings losing to a better team, but the last game that other team wasn't on the ice. Hopefully game 6 is more exciting.

I will also add that although Fleury is not the only reason the Pens lost game 5, he is a big piece of it. If he can't make the necessary saves (which isn't every shot, but come on), then the Pens probably already lost.

Like I said, I hope game 6 is exciting and close, and goes right down to the last second. Winning 5-0 is fun, but not exciting nor enticing to watch.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Like I said, I hope game 6 is exciting and close, and goes right down to the last second. Winning 5-0 is fun, but not exciting nor enticing to watch.

Agreed!@! Game 5 was sooooo boring to watch...granted I loved to see the Wings put 5 in the net, but it would have been much more exciting to see a 3-2 victory or something close

Leishman

143gadgets' Mentor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy that owns the coffee shop by my house has season tickets to the Pens. He said the guy that has the two seats next to him sold them for $400 a piece per game for games 3 and 4 and then upgraded for those two games and got two seats a section closer. I love hockey but there is no way in hell I pay $400 a seat.

Try living in DC. Game 7 vs the Pens lower level were as high as $1000 and nose bleeds as high as $300. If the Caps were still playing I'm sure the worst seat in the house would be over $600

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back