Status
Not open for further replies.

schminksbro

Guardian of The Blue Glow
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ummm....Thanks I guess? LOL I didn't see the comments but I assume they were of the nature that got the other thread closed.

+1 on the name calling. We don't want this thread to get shut down. Schminks and Viva may be biased, hypocritical, and not know what the heck they are talking about when it comes to hockey......:tongue: but other than that they are good guys and just pushing buttons. GO PENS!

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL!!!! Your on to me!:wink:

Schminks may see everything through Red Tinted Glasses, but DUDE there is no reason to call him names. He is starting to frustrate you guys and wear you down just like the Wings are wearing down the Pens! And now your taking cheap shots like the young classless team you have.....Dude you belong in the penalty box, 2 minutes for slashing.

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Adversity doesn't build character, it exposes it" Barry Melrose
The funny thing is that the Wings will watch the tape of Talbot's slash and rally around it. They all know Pav is playing while very hurt. I heard a little info yesterday and it appears it isn't his foot at all. If what I heard is true the guy has more heart than the whole Penguin team. combined. With Pavel in the lineup the Wings have much more dimension. The Pens have just been hanging around. The can score on the PP but that is about it. With Pav on the ice they never have the puck. LOL I am sure that the Pens will put together a better effort in game 6. They will be desperate. They will still lose of course but they will probably make a game of it. Since they have gone from a 2 player team, to a 1 player team, to a nobody performs team, it seems unlikely that they can play with a TEAM team. Just look at it. The Wings beat them twice without Datsyuk. If you took away Malkin the Pens wouldn't have won a single shift. Zetterberg has owned Crosby and other than the odd goal there has been no serious threat from anyone else. Now the Wings have Datsyuk back. Even injured he is dominant. I predict that he or Ovechkin will win the Hart trophy. Most likely Datsyuk since he is a complete player. Malkin? Not so much. He is a good offensive player but in ihis own end he is a liability. He has only been on the + side of +/- in one game this series. I see now why the Pens have so many players who are minus though. It is because they don't score 5 on 5. Without their powerplay they aren't very good at all. By the way did anyone see Bettman's looong face during game 5? He looked like a kid whose favorite toy got broken. LOL Wings in 6
GO WINGS!!!!!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep that up and the thread will get closed due to being labeled as spam. :xd:

"There is some debate about the source of the term, but the generally accepted version is that it comes from the Monty Python song, "Spam spam spam spam, spam spam spam spam, lovely spam, wonderful spam…" Like the song, spam is an endless repetition of worthless text. Another school of thought maintains that it comes from the computer group lab at the University of Southern California who gave it the name because it has many of the same characteristics as the lunchmeat Spam:

• Nobody wants it or ever asks for it.
  • No one ever eats it; it is the first item to be pushed to the side when eating the entree.
  • Sometimes it is actually tasty(definitely not in this case), like 1% of junk mail that is really useful to some people."

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL!!!! I am just trying to condition you so that when the Pens lose you won't be surprised. :wink: Redwings glasses are rosy red, Peguins glasses are dark and black. :wink:

GO WINGS!!!!!!

Keep that up and the thread will get closed due to being labeled as spam. :xd:

"There is some debate about the source of the term, but the generally accepted version is that it comes from the Monty Python song, "Spam spam spam spam, spam spam spam spam, lovely spam, wonderful spam…" Like the song, spam is an endless repetition of worthless text. Another school of thought maintains that it comes from the computer group lab at the University of Southern California who gave it the name because it has many of the same characteristics as the lunchmeat Spam:

• Nobody wants it or ever asks for it.
  • No one ever eats it; it is the first item to be pushed to the side when eating the entree.
  • Sometimes it is actually tasty(definitely not in this case), like 1% of junk mail that is really useful to some people."

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way did anyone see Bettman's looong face during game 5? He looked like a kid whose favorite toy got broken. LOL Wings in 6
GO WINGS!!!!!!!

I noticed that too.... That dude creeps me out. When they did the interview with Bettman during game 4 intermission, I kept looking over my shoulder, like someone was sneaking up to shove something, uh somewhere...

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed that too.... That dude creeps me out. When they did the interview with Bettman during game 4 intermission, I kept looking over my shoulder, like someone was sneaking up to shove something, uh somewhere...

He does look like a long lost member of the Adams family.

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt you guys get Canadian TV down there but I watch most of the Games on CBC. They absolutely hate Bettman. I don't mean in that sort of extremely venomous way that I hate Bettman. I mean real hatred. LOL When they interview him it is pretty funny. They will actually argue with him and tell him like it is. Canada believes that Bettman is anti Canadian. They want more teams and he wants to Americanize the game. It really pi**es them off. They like myself can't understand why Phoenix has a team and Hamilton doesn't. They are torn about Crosby. On one hand he is a Canadian. On the other hand he is Bettman's posterboy. They do know how to broadcast a game though. Unlike Vs (The Crosby Network)they have their act together from the cameras to the commentary. They actually understand hockey.

He does look like a long lost member of the Adams family.

vr697getta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there HD picture quality is way better than FSN but i have VS announcers

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was reading an article about playoff hockey and TV rating and they said that is an issue up in Michigan because most up there do watch Canadian TV and it doesn't show up in the ratings and throws them off.

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it's always about money. I would rather see the league shrunk as opposed to expanded. As far as I am concerned they could dump both Florida teams, Phoenix, Nashville, Columbus, and Atlanta. The talent pool would be less watered down. It won't happen and it is too late now anyway. They got the salary cap and they have changed the rules so the damage is done.

schminksbro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Part of the reason is that Vs isn't even available on all cable and satelite services. Some areas can't even get it. In other areas it is like channel 732 so people don't even know they have it. I have it but I hate it. I would rather watch it without high def but with good coverage. I saw the other day someone counted 74 times they said "Crosby" in one period and he hadn't done anything. It's not that Crosby isn't a good player but on CBC they know more back story stuff like the fact that Ericsson was a forward when the Wings scouted him. The team he played for was short defenceman and asked him to play defence. The first game he played the blueline the Wing's scouts were there to look at another player. They were impressed with Ericsson and picked him as the last player overall in the draft. Now he is logging quite a few minutes in the cup final. They cover this years draft and news around the league. On Vs or NBC they don't observe what is going on. They have a list of talking points. When Crosby is on the ice they bring up the next talking point on the list whether it is relevant to the play or not.

I was reading an article about playoff hockey and TV rating and they said that is an issue up in Michigan because most up there do watch Canadian TV and it doesn't show up in the ratings and throws them off.

buck50bmg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it's always about money. I would rather see the league shrunk as opposed to expanded. As far as I am concerned they could dump both Florida teams, Phoenix, Nashville, Columbus, and Atlanta. The talent pool would be less watered down. It won't happen and it is too late now anyway. They got the salary cap and they have changed the rules so the damage is done.

Isnt Phoenix going bankrupt?

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
GO WINGS!!!!

redwings.jpg

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
UGH yes game 7........but thankfully in DETROIT!!!!!!!!!

Great game tonight Pens fans gratz on the win

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back