Let's see your Ice Fire echinata!

Snapseed.jpg
One of my favorite coral
 
This one is indicative of most deep waters... fairly hard. I would be on the money with parameters and have the best lighting.

Dragons and Hawkins are a few of the easier deep waters and a good litmus. If these are a no-go, then stay away from other echinata.

I've got a red dragon but it hasn't grown much in two months. Color is good. I've got s Hawkins on the way so we will see how it does.
 
The icefire has always been my favorite but I haven't had the opportunity to get one until last year. Still a baby but it's coming along, it doesn't help that I accidentally broke pieces off a few times early on!

20180124_180452.jpg
 
Mine is a wild variation. Bought from lfs from a Aussie shipment they received. All the other frags I bought that day already encrusted over the plug. This one in just now seeing encrusting after about 3 months

2947bc1ca2ceddffa0f9c8f0d824d12d.jpg
 
This was it a few weeks back...

e8b26deec257b39a92dcee5b9005512e.jpg
 
Last edited:
Ice Fire Echinata?

AhgNAv9ITB69snFlvdvaWg.jpg
Nope.
I love the original Aussie Ice Fire Echinata, one of my favorites. Never had one though and hard to get now. The few times I did see some it was wild cut branches, pricey and most stn'd slowly at the LFS. I always wait and watch wild and mari sps for a few weeks to a month at the LFS before buying any. I want to see what survives and what the colors do.
 
Mine is growing like a bush... I need it to branch out. It just looks blue where you can see the bright white stalks, but they are covered in bushy "leaves" of radial corallites. I have the OG Tyree Ice Fire and a really, really nice one that I think that I got from Ed. Both of these are excellent examples and better than some of the cream colored ones that came in later.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new