LFS Charged me shipping

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Now I’m not sure what to do. So he did mention at first that there’s a $200 shipping fee, but I didn’t think much of it since it is a huge tank and usually there is a charge for delivering such
big items. I wouldn’t be sure how to bring it up without sounding like I’m accusing them of taking $200 from me.
You can kindly tell them you were not aware that the $200 was an add on and really needed it for equipment needs. Dont expect much but you never know.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid cash, but yeah It won’t ruin my enjoyment , I’m still excited about my new tank and all the fish and coral I’m going to be adding. Im going from a 30 gallon to a 525 so it’s quite exciting.
I’m excited for you and I hope that the transition goes smoothly!

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have to get on here and ask y’all so I can know. If a lot of people would have said “yes it’s normal I got charged as well” then problem solved no issue. But so far that has not been the case and so it leaves me feeling a bit doubtful

@Tavo_mkv I just wanted to give an update. I'm inquiring about a new RedSea tank from my lfs (reefer S 1000) I asked about having the tank shipped to me since I have pallet forks on my tractor and unloading would be easier and the tank moved one less time. It appears there is a $200 shipping fee charged to the lfs. My guy just handles things differently and doesn't even mention the shipping but adds it into the quote. When I inquired about having the tank shipped to me vs the store he offered to split the $200 shipping fee so it spears the lfs is charged that fee. I just wanted you to know it sounds like your lfs is not lying about the fee. I trust my lfs owner 100%.

From my email correspondence when I asked about having it shipped to me vs the store.
I can split the $200 shipping with you so it would only add $100.
EDIT : @Tavo_mkv just a little more info. It appears redsea charges $200 to ship to a residence that they do not charge if shipped to the store.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tavo_mkv

Tavo_mkv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tavo_mkv I just wanted to give an update. I'm inquiring about a new RedSea tank from my lfs (reefer S 1000) I asked about having the tank shipped to me since I have pallet forks on my tractor and unloading would be easier and the tank moved one less time. It appears there is a $200 shipping fee charged to the lfs. My guy just handles things differently and doesn't even mention the shipping but adds it into the quote. When I inquired about having the tank shipped to me vs the store he offered to split the $200 shipping fee so it spears the lfs is charged that fee. I just wanted you to know it sounds like your lfs is not lying about the fee. I trust my lfs owner 100%.

From my email correspondence when I asked about having it shipped to me vs the store.
I can split the $200 shipping with you so it would only add $100.
Thank you for the update! I feel a bit better now. That means BRS and other places must have a special agreement with RS or they just eat the cost. I don’t expect my small LFS to do the same unless they were like WWC

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back