Light, Alkalinity, Nutrients.

Great thread, but let's chase some #s

If these are the general principles:
1. Low P (phosphorous limited) higher PAR leads to bleaching
2. High N (Nitrogen rich) lower Alk leads to reduced growth and browning

ULNS should have lower PAR and lower Alk.

High N / Low P systems should have lower PAR and higher Alk.

Low N / High P systems should have higher PAR and lower Alk

High N / High P systems should have higher PAR and Higher Alk

So the question is what are the values for (SPS, LPS, Softies):
Low P
High P
Low N
High N
Lower Alk
Higher Alk
Lower PAR
Higher PAR

???
I’m reviving this thread and would also like to know myself.
 
I’m reviving this thread and would also like to know myself.
Thanks for reviving...over the last couple of months I've been low N/P with some pretty good PAR in the tank. My Bill Murray colony is growing great directly under my Kessil but most of the growth is white...like an inch worth. I'll measure PAR ... but it's probably around 500 or higher. However, my adjacent Strawberry Shortcake colony is growing with no bleaching.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new