Light for a 24 inch mixed reef

willstruck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I am currently working on setting up my first reef tank, the dimensions are 60 by 40 by 40 cm and it is going to be a mixed reef. I had originally bought a t5 fixture but I’ve since decided I will save that for another project because i want to use leds. I have been looking for a fixture sub 300 dollars that will have good spread (not a spotlight) and be from a reputable brand or at least have a good warranty.

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many good LED lights, depends on the budget you have in mind; such as ones from RedSea, Ecotech, Giesemann, and/or Orphek...just to name a few. These will work with the tank.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
willstruck

willstruck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many good LED lights, depends on the budget you have in mind; such as ones from RedSea, Ecotech, Giesemann, and/or Orphek...just to name a few. These will work with the tank.
The criteria is basically sub 300 dollars and not a spotlight, I’ve looked into the red sea and eco tech fixtures but both would be out of my price range but ill take a look and see if girsemann and orphek have any good options.

Upvote 0

ReefStable

Reef Stable
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could do 2 Orphek OR3 60 bars. At that pricepoint, options are fairly limited for *good* LEDs. However, if you do the OR3 bars, you could add on as needed!

I have some here if you're interested in learning more: https://reefstable.com/store/orphek/

Upvote 0
OP
OP
willstruck

willstruck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could do 2 Orphek OR3 60 bars. At that pricepoint, options are fairly limited for *good* LEDs. However, if you do the OR3 bars, you could add on as needed!

I have some here if you're interested in learning more: https://reefstable.com/store/orphek/
I was looking into those but there were two things I was concerned about the the first and most important was that I’ve heard with a tank as shallow as mine the disco ball effect would be pretty bad. And I also just have been having trouble finding a good combo for which two colors to run.

Upvote 0

sepulvd85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I am currently working on setting up my first reef tank, the dimensions are 60 by 40 by 40 cm and it is going to be a mixed reef. I had originally bought a t5 fixture but I’ve since decided I will save that for another project because i want to use leds. I have been looking for a fixture sub 300 dollars that will have good spread (not a spotlight) and be from a reputable brand or at least have a good warranty.
Why dont you run a aqua knight or nicrew. Especially if your trying not to spend alot of money on Leds

Upvote 0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back