Light upgrade, anemone shriveled.

Vinnysg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the forum so quick intro to my setup. I have a 6 gallon mr. Aqua with 10 lbs of live sand and about 10 lbs live rock. Running eheim Classic 150 canister. Tank has been running a few months now and all levels are spot on. Upgraded my lights today and my sebae anemone went from healthy and beautiful looking to shriveled up to about the size of a quarter. What happened and will he recover?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not used to the LED light. You need to aclamate the tank to the new light

OP
OP
Vinnysg

Vinnysg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are the before and after photos. As you can see it went from healthy and full to almost non existent within minutes of introducing new light

image.png

image.png

image.jpg

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently replaced my LED's from Current Orbit Marine to AI Hydra 26 HD and I am about 30 day into acclamation of the corals.

OP
OP
Vinnysg

Vinnysg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently replaced my LED's from Current Orbit Marine to AI Hydra 26 HD and I am about 30 day into acclamation of the corals.
Any specific way to acclimate? Right now I have the lights on a 7 hour cycle starting off low and ramping up to a medium power and then off.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my lights there was a acclamation setting, you might be doing better the way you have your lights set now. LED's are very bright compared to what you were using. I have read that the pro light are brighter then the regular Orbit marine. If you can set you whites down then inch them up to about 50%

OP
OP
Vinnysg

Vinnysg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my lights there was a acclamation setting, you might be doing better the way you have your lights set now. LED's are very bright compared to what you were using. I have read that the pro light are brighter then the regular Orbit marine. If you can set you whites down then inch them up to about 50%
Yea I'm using that setting. All corals seem to be healthy again and the anenome is puffed up.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There you go. Play with your settings and go slow.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back