Lighting help for beginner

Kass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! My 46 gallon bowfront tank is almost finished cycling. I am hoping to add a clownfish or coral in the next couple of weeks. However before I do that I would like to fix the lighting on my tank. I have a light:

However my tank has a rim and the lip of the rim is connected to the center brace on the top of the tank. I don't mind a little light being blocked by the brace as I am planning to get another light for the other side. However, the mount bracket does not properly fit over the lip area of the rim so when the light is mounted it bends forward and feels as if it will fall into the tank.

I considered cutting a notch into the lip area but I am unsure if that will ruin the structure of the tank since it is connected to the brace. And I haven't had much luck finding a mount arm that will fit the light as well as the rim of my tank. How should I get this light fixed over the tank?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not cut any of the bracing. Will have to work your light around it. As for coral, give it a couple months after you have fish in the tank minimum.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back