Lighting Ideas UNS R90

  • Thread starter Thread starter MKS
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MKS

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2020
Messages
34
Reaction score
17
Location
Brooklyn
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I’m wondering if folks have thoughts on lighting ideas for a UNS R90? Dimensions are 35.43 x 22.05 x 22.05".

I’m planning to order the tank soon, and planning to repurpose my reefmat and skimmer from my last tank, but I’m wondering about lighting.

I’ve seen them set up with a Kessil AP9X, and I like the look of one light over several, but I’m wondering if the Kessil or maybe a Straton X would cover the length and depth solo. I’m planning for an LPS heavy mixed reef, so not the most demanding, but it seems like most lights just won’t cover the full tank.

Appreciate any thoughts!
 
Either of those lights would most likely work depending on how you build your aquascape.

The kessil will definitely have more shimmer than the Straton.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new