Lighting question, 60 g cube, please post opinions

-XENOMORPH-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 60 g cube, corner Flo, anyways, once cycled, I'll be transferring fish, and more live rock from old tank to new tank with purchased sry rock which I'll be aquascaping, anyways, my question is this... I don't want to get into "hard" corals , but would like to be able to do simple gsp's, softies etc.. there's too many lights on the market. Hahahaha. What does a simple tank need for lighting? I think the watts are supposed to be 192, but I'm clueless here. I like that blue shimmer I see from Kessil, but they're like 300$. Anybody got some ideas for me? I'd like to try and use a light that has that single attacha let stand , (octopus arm?) Hahhahha Thanks all for ur advice/pictures.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 60 g cube, corner Flo, anyways, once cycled, I'll be transferring fish, and more live rock from old tank to new tank with purchased sry rock which I'll be aquascaping, anyways, my question is this... I don't want to get into "hard" corals , but would like to be able to do simple gsp's, softies etc.. there's too many lights on the market. Hahahaha. What does a simple tank need for lighting? I think the watts are supposed to be 192, but I'm clueless here. I like that blue shimmer I see from Kessil, but they're like 300$. Anybody got some ideas for me? I'd like to try and use a light that has that single attacha let stand , (octopus arm?) Hahhahha Thanks all for ur advice/pictures.
You can sometimes find a Kessil A360WE on sale on the forum for pretty reasonably priced. Otherwise if you don't want to drop a lot of money, an AI Prime HD would be good for that tank for softies and even some LPS. Otherwise if you want to go bare bones, a single 165 watt black box light would work as well. And you would be able to venture into more advance corals down the road. Only problem is you lose some of the perks of programming, ramping, and weather effects. Hope this helps :)

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back