OP
OP
Calebb8133

Calebb8133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Compact Fluorescents are not the most ideal bulb for anemones, but some have had success with them. I see it's a 72 gallon.....what's the dimensions of the tank and the number/wattage of bulbs you are using?
It's a 65w bulb

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, you don't have sufficient light. Might want to consider LED Chinese Black Box(es).....about $200 or so would allow you to grow anything.

Marie7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think the light is adequate .i would upgrade if u want to keep nems.
And just because bubble tips arent a natural host to ocellaris doesnt mean they wont take to it.
20190115_154525.jpg
Agree on it with you.. I had tomato clown and Ocellaris that host Condy's like nothing and also I have bubble tip nem that host my ocellaris with no problem, the only trouble was to bring 2 maroons clowns and had to removed the Ocellaris but all of them either host my condy's or bubble, I believe it is on the fish but watch out with fishes and Condy's there not to safe at times and your fish can end up being a nice lunch.

Marie7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had tomato clown and Ocellaris that host Condy's like nothing and also I have bubble tip nem that host my ocellaris with no problem, the only trouble was to bring 2 maroons clowns and had to removed the Ocellaris but all of them either host my condy's or bubble, I believe it is on the fish but watch out with fishes and Condy's there not to safe at times and your fish can end up being a nice lunch.

OP
OP
Calebb8133

Calebb8133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had tomato clown and Ocellaris that host Condy's like nothing and also I have bubble tip nem that host my ocellaris with no problem, the only trouble was to bring 2 maroons clowns and had to removed the Ocellaris but all of them either host my condy's or bubble, I believe it is on the fish but watch out with fishes and Condy's there not to safe at times and your fish can end up being a nice lunch.
You ocellaris have always gone start to your bubble tip?

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Says one light covers 34" how long is that 72gal?

OP
OP
Calebb8133

Calebb8133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Says one light covers 34" how long is that 72gal?
4' or 48 inches so it would cover the entire tank.. would I have to like two small ones or is it ok if it does go across the entire tank

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go one that has at least 46 " spread or 2 that have 24" spread.

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And also how long has your tank been running?

Marie7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You ocellaris have always gone start to your bubble tip?

Almost immediately I believe after few hours they was already over my bubble and condy like nothing .... That's what I say before a lot has to do with your fish too . I went to youtube and i saw a video of how to host your clown and nem and it was really neat, I didn't need it but always looking and checking things to learn, but this guy had a clear tube and what he did was to put the tube over the nem and put the clown thru the clear tube and let him swim down to get to the nem and he automatically got comfortable with the nem and hosted.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back