Lighting Recommendations

ReefToad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!
In a few weeks I'll be going on vacation and I'll need to get a light that I can set a timer. My current light is just white, blue or off with no timer. It's a 14 gallon cube tank, dimensions 17.5" X 17" X 16.75". The corals in the tank are green star polyps, pink and green splatter hammer, Pulsing Xenia, duncans, toadstool leather and a rose BTA. What lights do you all recommend without breaking the bank? Preferably Bluetooth controlled, but a simple timer switch will do. Also while we're at it, any other advice or tips to ensure my tank stays healthy while I'm away? Thanks in advance!

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also just buy a wifi plug from Amazon for $12, and then you can program the on and off time and control from your phone. My secondary tank is set up like this with the nicrew light.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More of a natural white light, but I do enjoy having the option of the blue light. I was hoping not to spend more than $120.
There are a bunch of Chinese lights w/ phone apps.
Approx $80 , 35w max..
Search Amazon.
Cetus 2SS Single 36W Smart LED Reef Light for Coral Marine Saltwater Fish Tank, 3 Channles APP Control, Sunrise Sunset, Dimmable Full Spectrum (SS, Single)
Or 80w $100, phone app accessory extra.
Lominie Full Spectrum Aquarium Light, Adjustable Saltwater Fish Tank Light for Reef, Coral, Nano Aquarium Tank Supports 4 Channels WiFi and Remote Controller (Reef s-120)
$19.
Lominie 4 Channels WiFi Controller for Upgraded F20 S120 P80 S20 P30 (WiFi-4 Channels) Not Applicable to B10 Series

What is your old light?

Last edited:
OP
OP
ReefToad

ReefToad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a bunch of Chinese lights w/ phone apps.
Approx $80 , 35w max..
Search Amazon.

Or 80w $100, phone app accessory extra.

$19.

What is your old light?
It's a coralife soft touch marine light from petco. I'm due for a better light for the corals sake.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 140 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back