lukkereynolds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently upgraded to a aquanight 30w A029 2nd gen light for my 20 gallon tank,, however the sunrise/sunset feature dose not appear to be working (although the light was bought brand new) I’m just wondering how important the sunrise/sunset feature is as appose to just turning it on and off manually

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently upgraded to a aquanight 30w A029 2nd gen light for my 20 gallon tank,, however the sunrise/sunset feature dose not appear to be working (although the light was bought brand new) I’m just wondering how important the sunrise/sunset feature is as appose to just turning it on and off manually
In general, sunrise and sunset features are for the aquarist, not the inhabitants. As long as the light comes on and goes off at the same time every day, the inhabitants will be fine. A simple timer usually works great.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had on/off for many years. Back in the day before LED we would turn on one bulb at a time. I just don't like to scare the carp out of the fish. lol So if you have multiple lights that can be turned on in sequence that would be nice but it's not going to hurt anything to just have the lights come on and go off.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 162 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back