Lights!

JohnnyTJ09

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2018
Messages
159
Reaction score
61
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
29FAE8C8-97A3-48B2-A91B-1B283B28C265.png
I am getting 2 birds nest corals and I was wondering if this light schedule is too low for them. I only have LPS and softies in the tank right now.
 
From what I know, I think it looks okay... I have not personally kept birds though, maybe someone else can chime in.
 
Type of light? How many of the lights? Size of tank? Depth of coral?

That looks like a 4 hour peak? and maybe an hour on each side still pretty high? Probably can increase that at first glance.
 
Type of light? How many of the lights? Size of tank? Depth of coral?

That looks like a 4 hour peak? and maybe an hour on each side still pretty high? Probably can increase that at first glance.
Should I increase the time the peak is on or the intensity?
 
Should I increase the time the peak is on or the intensity?

Probably both. I don't have any personal experience with Hyrdra's so hopefully someone chimes in that does but most LED users seem to run around an 8 hour peak.

What are the dimensions of the tank?
 
What also counts is what type of birdsnests are you getting?
Both Birdofparadise , and pink require high intense light. Others require low light , and still others in between.
 


Heres a BRS video on your lights settings. Its a good place if you are unsure on where to land the sliders percentage wise. You can tweak the Green, Red, and Cool white to what pleases your eye as well.

I would start with at least a 6 hour peak myself and adjust it longer until the coral shows signs of losing color then back it back down a little.
 
685202D2-3CBD-49FE-8F00-DFB9958D0324.png
This is what I came up with. I will start with this and make adjustments as I go. Any other thoughts?
 
Your settings are pretty low, both in intensity and and peak time. I have 2-52 HD’s 16” above my 50 gallon cube.
1308F5E8-2283-41D7-A787-292DBEBA2BF9.png

I also have a 26 hd 12” above my 29 gallon cube frag tank
CDADE9D5-E5BA-4625-9A57-9F05846BE2AE.png
 
Your settings are pretty low, both in intensity and and peak time. I have 2-52 HD’s 16” above my 50 gallon cube.
1308F5E8-2283-41D7-A787-292DBEBA2BF9.png

I also have a 26 hd 12” above my 29 gallon cube frag tank
CDADE9D5-E5BA-4625-9A57-9F05846BE2AE.png
That’s what I thought I will slowly ramp them up over the course of a month.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new