Lionfish foray.

  • Thread starter Thread starter tomtom39
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tomtom39

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 16, 2019
Messages
9
Reaction score
25
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for letting me join the group. I have sw experience through work but currently have a 29gallon with 6 grow out angelfish that decided to become 3 pairs. Currently have wigglers and a new batch of eggs in last hour. Planning on a fowlr retrofit with a oversize skimmer and power head. I'm planning on using the live rock as main filtration system as I find canisters on sw to be nitrate factories. The tank will eventually be home to a young dwarf lionfish as solo occupant. What are your opinions?
 
Welcome to R2R!!!

05634C7C-0785-45F5-B066-BCB0A516936E.jpeg
 
Welcome. I love lions. We have a great resource for lion fish here. He might even stop by with your title name. I will say if you stay fish only rock would be great, but canisters would be ok. (No one will agree with me) No3 is more of an issue when you get into coral, but also can cause algae in fish only. Make sure to send pics.
 
Welcome to R2R!
source.gif

#WelcometoR2R
A fuzzy dwarf would possibly be an option, but even those should be minimum of 40 gallons.
 
Welcome to R2R!!! One option for the canister filter (if you already have one) is to stuff it with filter floss and use it for mechanical filtration (and occasionally chemical filtration) and then clean it every week or two along with using the live rock for the biological filtration. Whatever you decide, we're glad you're here!
 
Welcome. I love lions. We have a great resource for lion fish here. He might even stop by with your title name. I will say if you stay fish only rock would be great, but canisters would be ok. (No one will agree with me) No3 is more of an issue when you get into coral, but also can cause algae in fish only. Make sure to send pics.

Thanks for your reply, still got these angels breeding to wind up first
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new