Lionfish foray.

tomtom39

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for letting me join the group. I have sw experience through work but currently have a 29gallon with 6 grow out angelfish that decided to become 3 pairs. Currently have wigglers and a new batch of eggs in last hour. Planning on a fowlr retrofit with a oversize skimmer and power head. I'm planning on using the live rock as main filtration system as I find canisters on sw to be nitrate factories. The tank will eventually be home to a young dwarf lionfish as solo occupant. What are your opinions?

Emarley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

05634C7C-0785-45F5-B066-BCB0A516936E.jpeg

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. I love lions. We have a great resource for lion fish here. He might even stop by with your title name. I will say if you stay fish only rock would be great, but canisters would be ok. (No one will agree with me) No3 is more of an issue when you get into coral, but also can cause algae in fish only. Make sure to send pics.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! One option for the canister filter (if you already have one) is to stuff it with filter floss and use it for mechanical filtration (and occasionally chemical filtration) and then clean it every week or two along with using the live rock for the biological filtration. Whatever you decide, we're glad you're here!

OP
OP
tomtom39

tomtom39

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. I love lions. We have a great resource for lion fish here. He might even stop by with your title name. I will say if you stay fish only rock would be great, but canisters would be ok. (No one will agree with me) No3 is more of an issue when you get into coral, but also can cause algae in fish only. Make sure to send pics.

Thanks for your reply, still got these angels breeding to wind up first

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back