Live Aquaria sold

CakeyCake

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Quite the way to introduce myself lol
I've been lurking for quite a while but decided to post after seeing this thread with no actual proof of the sale
nice ,and welcome to the reef,i have been watching off and on ...proof :cool:

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess is ORA bought them or one of the big whole sale distributors such as Quality Marine. Liveaquaria has always been good to me and will always continue to order for them. I am actually about to place an order but holding out hope for another day they get a pink streak wrasse in.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than the divers den stuff and ORA, live aquaria has essentially been an order taking entity with most/all of the actual shipments coming from Quality Marine. Lots of speculation in this thread, some of it insightful and some of it .... well, not. Large companies buy and sell businesses all the time for any number of reasons. Maybe because the particular business was underperforming, maybe because it no longer fit their business strategy .... maybe something else. Will be interesting to see who has bought them.

jeffrey750750

Reefin in the slow lane
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope if they are selling it they retain the employee's who have done such a wonderful job. I've been happy with them in my ordering

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just optimistic that Kevin and his team can keep doing their thing! Perhaps with new ownership they can take it to another level!

Yes, nice to see, at least initially, that the employees are being retained. That suggests the new owner does not already have a similar business.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Believe this or not but I have no info about this transaction or any other dealings within this company. I will say though after reading this I am pretty excited and optimistic about the direction this looks to be going. Again I don't know who bought them just speculating myself. That being said Kevin Kohen and his team are TOP NOTCH and always have been. I have a great deal of respect for them and I know this has to be leading to bigger and better things!

U

User1

View Badges
pandemic economics, Petco had to have a high debt service from the 2015 acquisition. Pandemic hits, cash reserve and cash flow hits rock bottom. Now you are looking at heavy bank penalties for not maintaining contracted cash reserves for scheduled debt serving. Time to find a quick asset sale.

Maybe. A lot of us are caught up in it even in IT. It is all creative accounting sadly. I was furloughed last week. No ETA on return. Have to love that....NOT.

But yeah - lots of stuff happening so a sell like this very well could be.

U

User1

View Badges
I hope if they are selling it they retain the employee's who have done such a wonderful job. I've been happy with them in my ordering

I hope so. Who knows in todays market and new people bring what they know usually. Then again I"m no tin the fish/coral/retail business so maybe it is different. Sure does suck looking for a job in the pandemic.

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received fish from them today and last week. Both orders came in looking great. Todays order had some free samples and a Biota sticker in it also. That’s a first. Nice touch for sure.
Me to, 2 corals and a bluehead fairy wrasse and samples, all great, wrasse eating like a pig and scrubbed, dipped the hell out of the corals, all good so far, from DD

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me to, 2 corals and a bluehead fairy wrasse and samples, all great, wrasse eating like a pig and scrubbed, dipped the hell out of the corals, all good so far, from DD
In last four weeks have received all from DD:

imperator
passer
Banana wrasse
Blue Toby puffer
Mckoskers wrasse
Magnificent foxface
Quoyi Parrot
Red Breasted Wrasse

all came in great and all have passed or are passing through observational QT with no problems!

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As LiveAquaria® celebrates its 20th Anniversary, we want to take this opportunity to share important news to you, our loyal and valued LiveAquaria® customers:

Petco has entered into an agreement to sell LiveAquaria® to an independent company who is eager to take our brand to exciting new levels! The sale is scheduled to close in late July. The entire LiveAquaria team at our headquarters in Rhinelander, Wisconsin will continue in their same positions and roles with the new organization.

My role as LiveAquaria Director continues and increases as a stakeholder with the new ownership group. I am very excited to help lead our dedicated and passionate team to new levels. We look forward to an exciting future as we pursue new and innovative ways to ensure you, our valued customers, receive the best customer service, brand-name products, and the highest quality aquatic life you've grown accustomed to with LiveAquaria®.

Again, thank you for your loyal patronage.

Sincerely,
Kevin Kohen
LiveAquaria Director

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As LiveAquaria® celebrates its 20th Anniversary, we want to take this opportunity to share important news to you, our loyal and valued LiveAquaria® customers:

Petco has entered into an agreement to sell LiveAquaria® to an independent company who is eager to take our brand to exciting new levels! The sale is scheduled to close in late July. The entire LiveAquaria team at our headquarters in Rhinelander, Wisconsin will continue in their same positions and roles with the new organization.

My role as LiveAquaria Director continues and increases as a stakeholder with the new ownership group. I am very excited to help lead our dedicated and passionate team to new levels. We look forward to an exciting future as we pursue new and innovative ways to ensure you, our valued customers, receive the best customer service, brand-name products, and the highest quality aquatic life you've grown accustomed to with LiveAquaria®.

Again, thank you for your loyal patronage.

Sincerely,
Kevin Kohen
LiveAquaria Director

Kevin - thank you for reach out and letting us know! I am cheering for you and wish you and your team all the best moving forward!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back